The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

John Wick 3 ...Wow.

Somehow Keanu is better in his 50's than he was in Chapter 1. 

Halle Berry is incredible in every sense of the word and you can tell she trained like a boss for this.

The dogs are amazing.

I enjoyed it more than End Game.

12 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

John Wick 3 ...Wow.

?format=1500w

Just now, Xela said:

?format=1500w

The fight scenes are breathtaking mate . Lots of wide one shots where you can see Keanu doing everything with a fluidity that wasn't at this level in the first 2.

The story is a bit woozy here and there but my word they deserve some recognition for this . Leitch, Stahelski and Reeves gave this everything.

It's not flawless but when they get it right it's like nothing you've ever seen on screen before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

John Wick 3 ...Wow.

Halle Berry is incredible in every sense of the word and you can tell she trained like a boss for this.

The dogs are amazing.

I enjoyed it more than End Game.

Off to see it in the morning and this post has made me even more excited.

Ta! 😀

21 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Off to see it in the morning and this post has made me even more excited.

Ta! 😀

If you liked 1 and 2 it's a banker. I spent most of the time thinking how the fuuuu did they film that scene . 

When you consider GOT pushed Ghost out because of filming difficulties , the dog scene in John Wick 3 should make them hold their heads in shame. 

It's ridiculous .

Some plot decisions are head scratchers but you won't care. 

You are there to see Wick in God mode vs the world and it delivers.

• Like 1

We Have Always Lived in the Castle.

Not sure what I think about it, think I kinda liked it. It's strange if nothing else.

Taissa Farmiga is great as usual

I watched Venom yesterday and was pleasantly surprised actually.

I liked that it was quite small scale, only introducing a handful of characters and letting Tom Hardy do most of the work, that was sensible.

As I had heard there was some dodgy CGI which had no place in a film of this standard really, I wonder if the budget is also why they scaled down the story accordingly.

Michelle Williams although having limited screen time was good and Riz Ahmed did the best he could, I thought he played the villain well and didn't overact into cliché territory.

Overall 6.5/10 - WB Tom Hardy.

the_lighthouse_still_1.jpg

Really, really looking forward to the new Robert Eggers (The Witch) movie The Lighthouse.

Getting some very good early reviews and sounds right up my street. By all accounts it's another cracking performance by Pattinson and Dafoe is always good value.

Excited.

• Like 3

On 19/05/2019 at 19:49, villakram said:

Apollo 11 and then First Man.

Great stuff, especially the Apollo 11 doc. 

Yep, Apollo was great for a space-nerd like myself

John Wick 3 tonight

first 10 - 15 mins or so had me squirming in my seat more than any other film i can think of , the library fight was brutal as was the subsequent fight scene you could literally feel people around you squirming in their seats with some of the kills 

but tbh you might as well have left the cinema at that point as you’d seen the whole film , after the 9138th head shot kill you sorta become a bit numb to it all

It wasn’t terrible tbh and the action is great but it could have done with some variation along the way

Fairly safe to bet JW 4 wont be that variation :)

• Like 1

Â