The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve never even heard of it. 

But after a google it looks like the kind of movie @Xela would watch. 

So I’m out. 

The thing is if I had googled it first which I normally almost always do then I wouldn't have bothered watching it. But as id heard of the murders I thought I'd give it a go and it was actually quite watchable! 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

they somehow managed to make 3 Rise of the Footsoldiers :lol:

I couldn't watch another one though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

One of the most awful, repugnant and downright nasty movies ever made.

Not a single redeeming feature on the whole thing. 

Utterly awful shit.

It's Goodfellas compared to the sequel! 

Watching Justice League at the minute. If it was up to me I'd turn it off right now. What a load of cobblers this is. The Villain and the bug enemies are so incredibly boring, and who the **** is this cyborg character?

Utterly shite .

If it wasn't for the odd close up of Wonder Woman's arse I'd give this a 0/10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Hmmm that scene lacks the subtlety of Craig Fairbrass’ earlier film work.

“You’re a loudmouth punk slag....who’s about to die.”

If you need an East End word removed and can't afford Winstone then Fairbrass is the go-to man!

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Agree there. Everything is so cheap looking too, even though you can tell they spent a bomb on it.

Keep an eye on Superman's top lip. $25m there allegedly (and this week it was reported a home PC and a simple program did the job better). 

And the film was such a mess the CGI was clearly rushed as they fixed things last minute.

I'd be interested in seeing Snyder's original version. It probably wouldn't be good but I wonder if it would have been less all over the place.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Watched this kitchen sink classic for the first time the other night. Very good, particularly the ending. Much better than “Look Back in Anger” which I couldn’t get through.

06035078-4671-498C-B8C8-86AA9A111670.jpeg

Fantastic. :thumb:

• Like 1

Talking of the 'kitchen sink' era. 

Managed to pick up 'Cathy come home' for a quid on DVD the other day.

What a brilliant piece of work from Sandford and Ken Loach. Its not hard to see why Loach in particular has gone on to such a distinctive career.

It's also sad to see that many of the issues raised still haven't been completely eradicated today.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Talking of the 'kitchen sink' era. 

Managed to pick up 'Cathy come home' for a quid on DVD the other day.

What a brilliant piece of work from Sandford and Ken Loach. Its not hard to see why Loach in particular has gone on to such a distinctive career.

It's also sad to see that many of the issues raised still haven't been completely eradicated today.

The only reason Loach, hasn't been knighted, is because he'd tell them to stick it up their Harris.

What a champion for the downtrodden.

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

You do love a sensitive art house movie don't you Xela :D

Sometimes I need a break from watching Krzysztof Kieślowski's Three Colours trilogy! ;)

I love Loach. I've often wondered why our town doesn't do a bit more to put his name about, we only ever hear about old George with regards to our greatest exports, but I'd suggest he is as important on the global stage. As far as I know there's nothing anywhere that would tell you he's from here. Nothing in the museum, none of those fancy blue placard things. Or perhaps that is at his request. 

Here's a really nice interview with him conducted at the new Nuneaton Town ground, he talks about his memories of football at the old ground, his childhood, his career, amongst other things. You really get a taste for how all of his experiences shaped his body of work in various ways. 

He mentions briefly the idea if doing a football documentary, centering on the way the club influences the local community at the 'grassroots' level. Looking for Eric was ok, but something closer to his heart would be really special. Do want! 

Â