The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It does sound like one of the few superhero comicbook movies that won't be total shite.

Nah it doesn't, It's just propaganda. It'll be another terrible comicbook movie where you know what's going to happen after 15 minutes and the whole thing was shot in front of a green screen so it looks like a computer game. Just from watching the trailer you know exactly what it's going to be like.

Edited by villa89

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Winter soldier is a terrific movie :)

I thought it was ok. Better than the usual comic book tripe but doesn't reach the heights of the best efforts in that genre.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Watching black panther tuesday. But its all about avengers infinity. That looks absolutely insane. How the hell have they got  a budget for all those super heroes i will never know 

Disney has lots of money. And the Marvel films have printed money for 10 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Very true, I think this film hassthe potential  to be biggest grossing super hero movie ever

It has the potential to be the biggest grossing movie full stop. Probably won't, but it'll likely get up there. Avengers is number 3 on the all time box office iirc.

Edit - it's 5th. Was overtaken by Jurassic World and Force Awakens.

Edited by Chindie

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

It has the potential to be the biggest grossing movie full stop. Probably won't, but it'll likely get up there. Avengers is number 3 on the all time box office iirc.

Edit - it's 5th. Was overtaken by Jurassic World and Force Awakens.

Jurassic World is in the top 5 grossing films ever? My goodness.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Either are hardly the most useful of things. It's just dick waving. 

Well, it tells you what the financially successful movie was, if that's a thing you're interested in. Whereas a non-inflation-adjusted list is like talking about achieving a record high number of years this year.

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Well, yes. But that's not actually that useful. 

I confess I don't understand what you're nitpicking here. I'm only talking about this because it was the topic of half a page of this thread, right above these posts. So clearly some people are interested in it. 

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Depends where you like to sit on the pretentious meter.

Maybe back in the day I'd agree with you. But that is for others to judge.

To be honest if thinking Titanic, Independance Day, Transformers 4, Avatar and Mission Impossible 2 are just a bit shit makes me pretentious then it's a badge I'm happy to wear. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I confess I don't understand what you're nitpicking here. I'm only talking about this because it was the topic of half a page of this thread, right above these posts. So clearly some people are interested in it. 

I'm not really nitpicking. It's just not very useful in any flavour, inflation adjusted or not. If it were you'd have lots of Gone in the Wind clones, etc. As said it's just dick waving.

I'm in a foul mood sorry.

Â