The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry, probably won't be until Sunday night at least. I'll be straight in here to tell you all how I enjoyed it (or didn't...)

As I'm quoting an Irishman, anyone seen "The Young Offenders"?
That one's on my list too. Set and shot in my beloved west cork so dying to see it.

The Young Offenders is good. Some really funny moments in it and uses the Cork humour very well. Had me giggling throughout.

1 hour ago, VillaEire said:

The Young Offenders is good. Some really funny moments in it and uses the Cork humour very well. Had me giggling throughout.

Agreed. I really enjoyed it too - couple of really funny characters. The accent may take a minute or two to tune into, a la "The Wire". I'm from the North of Ireland and it took me a wee while to adjust!

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I enjoyed the remake of Walking Tall, and Welcome to the Jungle was a decent action movie but apart from that he's largely made either forgettable or awful pap.

I don't care that He Who Shall Not Be Named directed it, anyone who didn't enjoy Pain & Gain has no soul and needs to be destroyed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't care that He Who Shall Not Be Named directed it, anyone who didn't enjoy Pain & Gain has no soul and needs to be destroyed.

I liked Pain and Gain :D 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I definitely have no soul and need to be destroyed then :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

**** yes. 

Mike haunted by victims of the Black Spot fire in there? Sure looked that way. Looking way better than The Dark Tower. 

Really hope this one is good!

Looks promising.

9 hours ago, Rodders said:

Similar. I do quite fancy watching San Andreas mind at some point but that's because I am inexplicably drawn to crap disaster movies. I've enjoyed The Day After Tomorrow and The Core 

His cameo in The Other Guys is very good though - which was a decent film where Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are BOTH good in it too :o 

I love The Other Guys! One of my favourite comedies. 

I do like Wahlberg though... 

Dwayne Johnson sadly for me falls into the category of actors that whatever role or film he's in all I see is Dwayne Johnson and not the character he's supposed to be. 

Pulls me out of the experience so he doesn't really work for me.

Same goes for lots of other supposedly better actors than him like for example Tom Cruise. He's Tom Cruise in every movie he's in, at least nowadays.

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

One for @Stevo985

The epitome of our discussion earlier.

Looks shit. I'll definitely be watching it.

Basically the only thing I'll no longer watch with the Rock in it is Fast and Furious. 
Number 6 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, so I can't take any more of that shit.

Ghost in the Shell reviews are varied, although I have yet to see one that calls it out and out bad. At best it looks great, ticks boxes story wise, and is a serious potential for the start of a franchise (plenty of material available), and at worst it's Scarlett. 

*In

Edited by hogso

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Someone have Luc Besson all the money. Looks great. 

Also, sorry folks. It's comic book movie :(

Looks awesome. I'm obsessed with Cara :wub:

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well that was ****** shite . Are we on about the same movie where it's based in Iran?

Yep. Never has a piece of tape on a window been so creepy. 

Each to their own eh.

32 minutes ago, hogso said:

Ghost of the Shell reviews are varied, although I have yet to see one that calls it out and out bad. At best it looks great, ticks boxes story wise, and is a serious potential for the start of a franchise (plenty of material available), and at worst it's Scarlett. 

Popping to see it after work tomorrow. It looks visually stunning and the reviews haven't been too shabby so I'm going in with an open mind.

It's been years since I watched the animated version.

Â