The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

9 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Re.Logan...

Hide contents

X-24 was the only element of the film I didn't get on with.

Apart from that I thought it was superb.

You know that exact moment where it takes a dip I mentioned? It's

Spoiler

the second X24 appears. Didn't need to be there. I can see what they are trying to do with it, the embodiment of Logan's dark past/side, but it just comes off as weak and cheap, and doesn't fit the movie.

I also didn't really like the New Mutants stuff that much.

But otherwise it's spectacular.

• Like 2

Yes I also saw the exact moment and it changed from a great road movie to standard x-men.

Still fantastic overall. I thought Merchant was great.

And I haven't even checked IMDb yet but I'm sure the black guy on the farm is Daryl soul glow from Coming to America.

Went and saw Trainspotting 2 with the missus last night. Loved it, and I must get the soundtrack to it.

• Like 1

Saw Logan last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I can forgive the foibles as pointed out by many as it was the first real wolverine movie, warts and all. 

Having both Logan and Charles as old men, riddled with the associated injuries/scarring both physically and mentally was the key. 

Unfortunately due to the missus needing the loo and a bit misty eyed I left, forgetting to watch the post credits scene! 

Spoiler

Was it the deadpool 2 snippet?

According to aftercredits.com there is no post-credits scene. The bit you've mentioned is actually pre-movie. But I believe we have different trailers attached to films than in the US, so that might be why it wasn't shown here?

Going back briefly to the topic of video game movies - Donnie Yen has been cast as the lead in the big screen adaptation of Sleeping Dogs. For those who aren't aware the original game has you take on the role of an undercover cop in Hong Kong, tasked with taking down a nasty group of Triads. There's plent of car chases, boat chases, martial arts, and some particularly gruesome parts of the story that will translate very well, I think. Should be decent.

• Like 1

1609061030243_l.jpg

An absolutely superb psychological thriller from Japan.

If you like your movies with a dark disturbing undercurrent and a few hints of Hitchcock then it's a must see :thumb:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Designer1 said:

1609061030243_l.jpg

An absolutely superb psychological thriller from Japan.

If you like your movies with a dark disturbing undercurrent and a few hints of Hitchcock then it's a must see :thumb:

My buddy who is about as mad into films as you are was ... eh ... less than complimentary about it.

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

My buddy who is about as mad into films as you are was ... eh ... less than complimentary about it.

Fair enough, that's the beauty of films innit :)

It blew me away tbh.

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Fair enough, that's the beauty of films innit :)

It blew me away tbh.

Spoiler
Was at the UK premier. It's **** bobbins
worst movie I watched that weekend, and I watched Antibirth

my tagline for the movie would be "If you like your movies full of mystery but all explained away by the killer having these injections that let him control peoples minds. Yes one injection and they are his slave. For life. Yes, really. Then it's great!"

14 minutes ago, BOF said:
  Hide contents
Was at the UK premier. It's **** bobbins
worst movie I watched that weekend, and I watched Antibirth

my tagline for the movie would be "If you like your movies full of mystery but all explained away by the killer having these injections that let him control peoples minds. Yes one injection and they are his slave. For life. Yes, really. Then it's great!"

Yep, needless to say I totally disagree. There was SO much more to it than that, but like I said different strokes and all that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Guys, I've tentatively started a film blog.

I'm sure nobody cares. But just in case, here it is

I'll be disappointed if there's not a Spider-man 3 article or a dissertation on the X-Men series :D

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I'll be disappointed if there's not a Spider-man 3 article or a dissertation on the X-Men series :D

Haha, that would probably require me to watch them again, and that is not going to happen :D 

Â