The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched Ted over Christmas and thought it was funny ( once I realised it wasn't for kids ), tonight I'm going to watch the tsunami film The Impossibe, will be interesting to say the least and I'm wondering how the hell they actually made it.

Envious. Both superb imo.

Yep. Moonrise Kingdom was a lovely film. It is very Wes Anderson and I suppose your tolerance for his style will effect how much you enjoy it.

Berberian Sound Studio was terrific, incredibly unsettling and completely **** bizzare. My only issue is the end: unlike, say, Lynch, where the weirdness usually ends on some sort of emotionally resonate note, it didn't quite happen with this film. I need to watch it again though, as there is undoubtedly a story that gets hinted at that I didn't quite catch.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I was in New York just before Christmas and I went to see an advanced screening of Tarantino's new film, Django Unchained. Brilliant! It's not often that I rate films more than 7/10 but for this I will give a 9/10. It doesn't get released in the UK for a few more weeks but this is a film that I definitely recommend. One of the best films that I've seen for a long time.

Finally got round to watching 'Martha Marcy May Marlene'.

I thought it was outstanding. Very reminiscent of early Polanski in the way it slowly builds the tension. John Hawkes was also terrific as the most insidious **** I've seen on film for a long time.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Watched loads of films lately

Taken 2 - 6/10 - Average action film

Hit and Run - 3/10 - Terrible film. **** knows why Bradley Cooper put his name to that crap

Cloud Atlas - 8/10 - Really interesting film. Very enjoyable. Bit weird mind.

LOTR Trilogy Extended Cut - 6/10 - Was quite good but not really my thing, could have done with being a bit darker ala Game of Thrones

Moonrise Kingdom - 7/10 - Good solid film. Easy to watch. Pleasantly Surprised

Dredd - 6.5/10 - Really expected this film to be shocking, but it turned out okay. Think my expectation was so low it kinda made it good.

Frankenweenie - 3/10 - Meh, **** off Tim.

The Words - 6/10 - Intriguing story, ruined by the end.

Batman TDKR - 7/10 - Was good, didn't deserve the wankfest though.

Edited by PieFacE

Finally, finished one of my lovefilm dvds the other day so got some new ( oldies ) ones to look forward too.

One's seen:

Europa Europa ( 1992), franco-german production about a young German Jew who avoids his families fate by disguising himself and falling in with the Nazis and Soviets. Good film, based on one fellow's memoirs.

Next up:

Citizen Kane - about time too seeing how as every bugger goes on about it in film lists - it had better be good!

Man Hunt - another film from the same time by Fritz Lang - looking forward to this one too.

Watched "Trouble With The Curve" last night - didn't even know Clint had a new movie out.

I liked it, particularly the last 15 minutes

Â