The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

The first Cloverfield is excellent IMO

A great monster movie

You're my best friend! I love that film. One of my favourites :) People say 'oh but you hardly see the monster', that is the point! Love the film!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

You're my best friend! I love that film. One of my favourites :) People say 'oh but you hardly see the monster', that is the point! Love the film!

It's excellent. 

I'm so glad I saw it at the cinema because the sound design is immense and really added an extra dimension. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's excellent. 

I'm so glad I saw it at the cinema because the sound design is immense and really added an extra dimension. 

Yeah I watched it at the cinema and it blew my socks off.

Got it on blu ray as soon as it was released and it was half the movie..

I was a sad panda :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's excellent. 

Yep loved it at the Cinema, one of my favourite in cinema films. 

43 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Watching the Louis Theroux Scientology Movie.

Crackpots. Brain washed crackpots.

Possibly the one thing he has done that I didn't enjoy that much. He simply didn't have access to anyone of note to make this worthwhile imo. He tried to go a different route with it but it just didn't work for me.

47 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Watching the Louis Theroux Scientology Movie.

Crackpots. Brain washed crackpots.

Watch Going Clear of you've not already done so.

The level of crackpot knows no bounds.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Possibly the one thing he has done that I didn't enjoy that much. He simply didn't have access to anyone of note to make this worthwhile imo. He tried to go a different route with it but it just didn't work for me.

Yeah, nobody will get inside Scientology. More chance of me getting inside Jane Levy.

22 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Do you know if that is on Netflix or Prime? (I'm just starting Cloverfield so can't check).

It was available on Now TV a while back. Definitely worth watching though. It's insight into the organisation is unprecedented I think, and does it assisted a pretty comprehensive history. Kinda scary too. This is an organisation that literally has a degrading prison whose inmates wouldn't leave if the door was wide open and unguarded.

Madness.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It was available on Now TV a while back. Definitely worth watching though. It's insight into the organisation is unprecedented I think, and does it assisted a pretty comprehensive history. Kinda scary too. This is an organisation that literally has a degrading prison whose inmates wouldn't leave if the door was wide open and unguarded.

Madness.

I'll check it out. Thank you :) 

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

I loved it too.

But the best thing about that film was the trailer. Someone should have won an award for that trailer. At the time it was awesome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I loved it too.

But the best thing about that film was the trailer. Someone should have won an award for that trailer. At the time it was awesome.

That and the online marketing for the film, superb. It's strange there are Cloverfield fans on here! I used to do a radio show about films and I was panned for my love of Cloverfield! 

Criminal. 5/10

Disappointing considering the cast (Costner, Oldman, Lee Jones, Reynolds)

Just a 'meh' feeling all the way through it. 

Criminal_2016_poster.jpg

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Criminal. 5/10

Disappointing considering the cast (Costner, Oldman, Lee Jones, Reynolds)

Just a 'meh' feeling all the way through it. 

Criminal_2016_poster.jpg

I also watched this the other week - but for the life of me cannot remember a single thing from it.....

(maybe it was due to the medication for my herniated disc....)

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I loved it too.

The poster/cardboard cut out thingy they put in cinemas too in the run up. IIRC it was just the Statue of Liberty (minus it's head) and the date of the release, not even a title. 

Awesome. 

Edited by wazzap24

Â