The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

• 3 weeks later...

terrile tragedy to happen, he seemed like a character as think Sid Lowe or another journalist used to always praise him for his style of management and interviews

• 2 months later...

That's escalated then. It was going around earlier that Ronaldo said he didnt celebrate either of his goals today because somebody at Madrid had "made him sad" and now Guillem Balague has said on Twitter that he heard Ronaldo has told Perez he wants to leave Madrid. Given the timing of it, a day after the transfer window closed I suspect it is little more than a storm in a tea cup.

yeah the couple of twitter feeds that were suggesting it are now part claiming its a mistranslation on th leagues twitter and come from a radio station

they are now saying he's unhappy at the club (not depressed) because man city could offer him more money and make him feel more loved and he doesnt like how the club are treating kaka blah blah blah

a long way of saying he wants more cash

he's on £11m a year at madrid, plus appearance fees and goal bonus, if you say £10 per match and £10k per goal, which i think is light

that means in his 3 years at madrid they've paid him around £36m, thats without endorsements and image rights etc

its pretty sickening IMO if he's complaining he wants more

he's on £11m a year at madrid, plus appearance fees and goal bonus, if you say £10 per match and £10k per goal, which i think is light

that means in his 3 years at madrid they've paid him around £36m, thats without endorsements and image rights etc

its pretty sickening IMO if he's complaining he wants more

He needs to sack his agent if he is only getting a tenner as an appearance fee! :)

^ I highly doubt that as he was straight in mixed zone afterwards to talk to the press about him not being happy anyway.

Not sure what it is but I don't believe Balague myself this was the same guy who said Mourinho was going to leave last summer only for him to sign a new contract.

Also Jorge Mendes/Florentino will sort out the situation whatever it is.. nothing major imo.

Not sure why one of the worlds best and most famous players doesn't deserve his own thread :?

Anyway, I suspect its down to money on some level. Either RM promised him more and have back tracked tracked or they've blocked a move to PSG/UAE/Russia/Man City

Seems a bit odd.

I don't see the point in him trying to force a move away from the club, there isn't really anywhere he could go that would be more ideal for him.

You'd like to think that he wouldn't go to City, but I may be wrong.

A lot might depend on Mourinho. He has a habit of getting out after three years wherever he has been, what price him leaving for City next summer and bringing Ronaldo with him?

A lot might depend on Mourinho. He has a habit of getting out after three years wherever he has been, what price him leaving for City next summer and bringing Ronaldo with him?

Or to Utd with CR in tow? Certainly would take the edge off SAF leaving for the Utd fans.

Â