The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Can’t believe won’t let the best and most valuable player on the planet, leave for free. It’s a disgrace.

He’s only had a billion Euros out of them, he should be allowed to leave so he can make proper money. Maybe they could have a testimonial for him?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sne said:

Not allowed to leave for free despite having a €700m release clause.

James Van Der Beek Crying On Dawson's Creek Gif

It's a bit more nuanced than that. Maybe he should have exercised his right to tear up his contract in June, held them to ransom even more to sign short term to finish the season then **** off.

I can't blame him for wanting to leave, they are extraordinarily poorly run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's a bit more nuanced than that. Maybe he should have exercised his right to tear up his contract in June, held them to ransom even more to sign short term to finish the season then **** off.

Where is Sepp Blatter to call him a modern slave?

Messi cocked it up, he should have either 1) applied to leave in June or 2) asked for an extension to the date in the contract before it expired.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So Messi announces he is staying after realising he hasn’t actually got a choice.

I can’t believe how badly he messed this up.

Despite his contract saying in black and white he couldn’t do it he still tried to mug his employer off. 
Be funny if they give him some Gareth Bale treatment (they won’t).

It’s the exact opposite of Jude Bellingham’s transfer.

Jude took almost no money out the club but wanted to make sure they got some money for brining him through.

Messi takes hundreds of millions out of Barcelona and then tried his best to get out without them getting a penny in transfer fees.

Edited by Genie

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s the exact opposite of Jude Bellingham’s transfer.

Jude took almost no money out the club but wanted to make sure they got some money for brining him through.

Messi takes hundreds of millions out of Barcelona and then tried his best to get out without them getting a penny in transfer fees.

He tried to invoke a clause to leave for free when the season ended.  I don't see the issue myself, the only issue is with the wording of the contract, something that isn't really down to him.  I certainly don't see why you're taking so much glee out of it, it would have been brilliant to see him in the PL.

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He tried to invoke a clause to leave for free when the season ended.  I don't see the issue myself, the only issue is with the wording of the contract, something that isn't really down to him.  I certainly don't see why you're taking so much glee out of it, it would have been brilliant to see him in the PL.

Where is the glee?

I’d have loved to have seen him in the premier league. I just think he’s acted exceptionally poorly on Barcelona and their supporters around the world. He and his father are not idiots, they know that a date in a contract is binding. They’ve tried their luck to see if Barcelona would roll over so they could get richer and in doing so rob them of tens or hundreds of millions in transfer fees.

Could you imagine someone at Villa pulling that stunt? They’d need round the clock security.

Ronaldo wanted out of Man United and agreed terms with the board/management in advance. Then when he wanted out of Madrid he negotiated with them again. That’s how it should be done. He got both clubs big transfer fees.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Why not let him go for €150-200 million, there'd have been takers at that. Now they've got a player who doesn't want to be there and who will walk for free at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Where is the glee?

I’d have loved to have seen him in the premier league. I just think he’s acted exceptionally poorly on Barcelona and their supporters around the world. He and his father are not idiots, they know that a date in a contract is binding. They’ve tried their luck to see if Barcelona would roll over so they could get richer and in doing so rob them of tens or hundreds of millions in transfer fees.

Could you imagine someone at Villa pulling that stunt? They’d need round the clock security.

Again I don't see how he wouldn't have been richer just staying at Barca for another year.  Personally I think all the contracts should have moved to cover when the season finished and that includes the clauses for all players, even if it was Villa.  As far as I could tell he spent quite a lot of time in June trying to come to an agreement on the pay cut for the team and getting ready for the restart rather than thinking back then of leaving the club.  

46 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Well Barca have been a shitshow since before the pandemic. If Messi didnt see the Bayern trashing coming then he isnt really the football genius people say. Roma and Liverpool smashed them in recent seasons

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

€250m signing on fee, plus wages of €100m

Where the **** are you getting those figures from :lol: Like your figure above saying he has made a billion Euros from Barcelona which is horseshit, he is worth less than €400m and not even the richest footballer in the world.  Nobody will be paying him more wages than he is at Barcelona.

12 minutes ago, will87 said:

Why not let him go for €150-200 million, there'd have been takers at that. Now they've got a player who doesn't want to be there and who will walk for free at the end of the season.

Nobody will pay the fee though plus his wages. City only wanted him on a free

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Im enjoying it. Makes him look like a clearing in the woods at last. Why would i want to see another very talented player join one of the financially doped teams 

• Like 1

Â