The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Well Barca have been a shitshow since before the pandemic. If Messi didnt see the Bayern trashing coming then he isnt really the football genius people say. Roma and Liverpool smashed them in recent seasons

He should have asked his Dad and lawyers to insert a clause where he could leave for free at the end of the season really.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Where the **** are you getting those figures from :lol: Like your figure above saying he has made a billion Euros from Barcelona which is horseshit, he is worth less than €400m and not even the richest footballer in the world.  Nobody will be paying him more wages than he is at Barcelona.

Whoops, contradiction alert.

I’ve no idea... but you clearly have the inside track on what he’s on, and what PSG, Man City etc are willing to pay.

On the other hand Forbes believe he’s earning $92m a year at Barcelona and will clear a billion dollars by the end of the 20/21 season.

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He should have asked his Dad and lawyers to insert a clause where he could leave for free at the end of the season really.

You’re right. If he had that clause there would be no dispute.

53 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Where the **** are you getting those figures from :lol: Like your figure above saying he has made a billion Euros from Barcelona which is horseshit, he is worth less than €400m and not even the richest footballer in the world.  Nobody will be paying him more wages than he is at Barcelona.

On 31/08/2020 at 12:25, sne said:

Quoting myself here like a douche but there were articles like this going around the previous week.

I can’t believe I’ve not seen these two things linked yet because it seems so bloody obvious to me that they are. 

10th June - Messi’s contract clause expires

13th July - Man City cleared of breath of FFP by appeal and free to keep doing it and take part in the CL

25th August - He states he wants to leave

In my mind there is a straight line between these three things. He didn’t say he wanted to go before 10th June because he was waiting on the Man City outcome, once they had that then they were working towards agreement and the exit.

I’m far more cynical about his late request than most seem to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I can’t believe I’ve not seen these two things linked yet because it seems so bloody obvious to me that they are. 

10th June - Messi’s contract clause expires

13th July - Man City cleared of breath of FFP by appeal and free to keep doing it and take part in the CL

25th August - He states he wants to leave

In my mind there is a straight line between these three things. He didn’t say he wanted to go before 10th June because he was waiting on the Man City outcome, once they had that then they were working towards agreement and the exit.

I’m far more cynical about his late request than most seem to be.

People love a conspiracy theory.  This is the timeline:  Messi has option to leave for free at the end of the season, the end of the season counts as 10th June when it's all agreed, virus unpredictably hits interrupting the season, Messi and Barca players agree to pay cut to help during lockdown, season resumes after the clause expires, Barca still in with a chance of winning league and CL and Messi's primary focus, Barca humiliated by the end of the season, Messi decides he has had enough asks to leave at the end of the season as per agreement, Barca reject that the 10th June was meant as the end of the season, release Suarez on a free transfer to save money at the same time, Man City the only real team with money, opportunity and manager to make it happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Sell to buy at Barca.

Georginio Wijnaldum's future has been thrown into confusion after Barcelona were banned by La Liga rulers from signing the Kop star.

New Barcelona boss Ronald Koeman had identified Liverpool title-winning midfielder Wijnaldum as his number one priority along with fellow Dutch striker Memphis Depay from Lyon with both stars in the last year of contracts.

But Barcelona's dire financial crisis has forced them to shelve plans to sign Wijnaldum with the Spanish league's governing body stepping in to block the move.

La Liga clubs are operating under strict financial guidelines following the Covid-19 pandemic.

Barcelona are struggling with a £510million-a-year wage bill and will not be allowed to buy Wijnaldum and Depay unless they raise the money with player sales first. 

They must also pay the same amount as the transfer fee to the Spanish government following financial help given to clubs during the health crisis.

La Liga has given every club in the top division a limit of how much they can spend on transfers and staff dependent on their financial results in the past five years.

Joris Evers, La Liga's director of communications, says: “We have a financial system, which goes beyond UEFA’s Financial Fair Play.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-banned-liverpool-georginio-wijnaldum-22709427

I don't get why they didn't ask for £100m for Messi and be done with it. He's 33 and he's going to age out anyway, they are going to have to rebuild and his sale would probably save the club a quarter of a billion quid when you factor in the wage bill reduction.  

• Like 1

They have the youngsters coming through, the previous regimes have overpaid but had set the team up for 10 years with dembele, de Jong, several defenders, Arthur 

And now they're cashing in on them all instead and have a manager merry go round which will require instant success so they go for pjanic, wijnaldum, depay etc who are all poor signings 

At the same time real Madrid have set themselves up brilliantly buying a superstar Brazilian teenager every summer, real could be looking at dominating the league for 2/3 years 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They have the youngsters coming through, the previous regimes have overpaid but had set the team up for 10 years with dembele, de Jong, several defenders, Arthur 

And now they're cashing in on them all instead and have a manager merry go round which will require instant success so they go for pjanic, wijnaldum, depay etc who are all poor signings 

At the same time real Madrid have set themselves up brilliantly buying a superstar Brazilian teenager every summer, real could be looking at dominating the league for 2/3 years 

Really the only youngster they have who can make instant impact on first team is Fati.

Alena is back from his loan but he couldn't get a regular game for mid table Betis, Todibo played 8 games for Schalke in their hopeless run, they also had option to buy him. Koeman has also told Puig he's free to leave who was their latest new Xavi in midfield.

Barca is ultimate kicking down the can club now. At least they're culling a few of the over 30s like Rakitic, Suarez and Vidal. Will probably have a decent 11 but hardly anything in reserve once injuries and suspensions bite.

All this and Messi can still walk out on a free transfer next summer although he'll probably be convinced to stay if they get a new president in and Xavi as coach.

Fati, pedri, Trincao, wague, puig, moriba, miranda, cuenca, pena, reis, busquets, collado

cucurella has already gone, Emerson will end a betis player, abel ruiz signed for braga I think 

Out of all of those only fati and pedri will make it at barca 

They haven't got the time or patience to bring the others through so they'll cash in on them instead, mad that they were trying to sell Trincao before he kicked a ball 

Will be fun as a defender to play against Atletico Madrid next season facing up against Luiz Suarez and Diego Costa. 

Elbows, biting, punching, kicking, play acting, diving and general shithousery. And they are also still really good attackers, when they can stay on the pitch.

Â