The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

It was a usual Neville performance really, Valencia started off well, missed another sitter (not Negredo this time but Paco Alacer) but then retreated into their shells and Espanyol (who are terrible) missed a couple of good chances.

They key moment at the game and where he got luck this time was at 0-1 two Espanyol players both hit the ball straight at Alves from 6 yards out. I also thought the coach taking off Felipe Caciedo was an odd one as his pace was worrying Valencia and they pushed 10 yards up the pitch which allowed them to dominate and get the 2-1.

Highlights here anyway: 

Doing my G Neville analysis.....Valencia are very very open in central midfield. I've no idea who their DM is supposed to be but it sure isn't Dani Parejo and the other two were pretty poor, Espanyol were strolling their central midfield in the first half.

Important they won to move away from bottom 3 but they're finishing nowhere near the top 6. You don't need your high-low wage variance calculator to work out that is massive underachievement from a squad of players that made the top 4 last season. ;)

Just before they were awared it I was about to stick a tenner on a penalty being next goal in the match as it was about 20/1 and it's a bet I like to do once you get past 75th minute mark.

It's fair to say the laptop would've gone through the window if I'd placed the bet and seen them then do that!!:rolleyes:

• Like 3

How would that work though as technically the penalty was missed surely the rules are the taker has to score for a bet to come in?

oops I just woke up sorry mate I re read your post!

Edited by S-Platt

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I only saw that 'pen' once but I'm sure Suarez was slightly in the box before Messi touched the ball?

Yes, he was well inside.

Danny Murphy on TalkSport this morning, he's usually very sensible and reserved if anyone had done that in a game he was in he'd snap them. He said he'd take a red for it no problem. Very disrespectful :lol:

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I only saw that 'pen' once but I'm sure Suarez was slightly in the box before Messi touched the ball?

Had to make sure he got to the ball before Neymar, who it was apparently meant for.

im sorry the penalty is disgraceful and no surprise a dick move from Messi. Do it at 0-0 in a crucial Champions League game and ill respect it but not in a destruction of a team with about 1/20th of the size of your budget

They are mates off the pitch so they are just living the dream and doing things like kids would in the playground.   It's a joy to watch at times.  They put the hard work in and win the game before they then try and entertain the fans. It's fun for those 3 players and you can see that in their play.   It can only happen as they all get on.  

Henry and Pires for Le Arse tried it but failed, again mates off the pitch.  They just looked like dicks because they messed it up. 

I can't wait till one of either Messi/Neymar/Suarez go round the keeper stop the ball on the line gets on their knees and heads it over the line that would be pure schoolboy stuff!

• Like 2

Â