The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

They play the best football in Spain (outside the big 2) in my opinion and have done for years. Bruno staying when they got relegated despite having an offer from Valencia, a fantastic leader. You have to commend them; exciting players, always play good football basically the complete opposite to us. Sky tend to show a lot of their matches and they are certainly worth watching.

• Like 1

Balague seems convinced that Benzema and Ronaldo will be sold in the summer. Benzema is the ultimate Perez vanity project, Higuain was always the more dangerous striker yet was always criticized in media from "insider" sources and sometimes coaches told to drop him

To be honest if Balague has said it I'm more inclined to think it won't happen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

They play the best football in Spain (outside the big 2) in my opinion and have done for years. Bruno staying when they got relegated despite having an offer from Valencia, a fantastic leader. You have to commend them; exciting players, always play good football basically the complete opposite to us. Sky tend to show a lot of their matches and they are certainly worth watching.

They probably don't have the firepower they had last season. Soldado is good but he doesn't score goals. Defensively they are pretty tight though!. If they had kept Vietto and him up front alongside Soldado then I think they might have had even more points now.

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I saw Real Madrid play at the Bernabeu on Sunday.

Espanyol didn't put up much of a fight, but Real looked very very **** good.

Also, and this might be me trying to justify me being a Villa fan, but I honestly think if I watched Real Madrid every week I'd be bored.

Not as bored as watching the current Villa side. But more bored than watching, say, their neighbours across the city.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also, and this might be me trying to justify me being a Villa fan, but I honestly think if I watched Real Madrid every week I'd be bored.

Not as bored as watching the current Villa side. But more bored than watching, say, their neighbours across the city.

I wouldnt say bored but I dont think you would get the same enjoyment from a victory, I went crazy when beat Palace wouldnt see the same from Real Madrid or even United fans

Yeah that's what I mean.

There was so little reaction to the goals (apart from Ronaldo's second which was pretty special) and half the ground had left with half an hour to go. A large amount left at half time.

We were sat next to two season ticket holders. I couldn't say much to them with my limited spanish, but they just sat there in relative silence for the whole game and left after 70 minutes.

It is Barca.

Massive game for Valencia on Sunday at Betis though. A few of the bottom 6 in Spain are picking up points and wins now, if Betis beat them think they'd be only a point or so off Valencia in the table.

I've had a look at the run in, in the last 6 games they have Real Madrid and Barca away and Valencia at home so they really need to be picking up some wins soon otherwise the league table is going to make very difficult reading.

It could be an absolute drubbing tonight though.  4-0 to Barcelona after an hour and Valencia are down to ten men.  Barcelona tend to enjoy absolutely smashing teams so maybe they will get six or seven. 

Â