Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

VAR is a total and utter waste of time and a confusing mess. If it can't point out things that the ref has missed them why does it exist? Just scrap it. Should never have been brought into the game in the first place.

We’d be f****d without VAR mate. Our high line is dependant on it. We use VAR to our advantage for the most part 

Edited by Callum
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Chambers is just a passenger, and he is leaving after this season anyway, cant understand why anyone would start with him. Lenglet off and KHH to the right, Konsa to the middle. Chambers of Tim in. 

Edited by vazquez
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Happy this should be last time we see these soaking shirts

8.5% ABV if you wring them out though. 

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm surprised people care so much about this game. 

Top teams care about every game. Lesser teams don't.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I still think we could win this.

Are you ok OBE 😂

i dont mean to be negative but i see no chance of that happening. Its not like we have much on the bench either unfortunately 

Edited by Demitri_C

Handball just needs looking at again from first principles.

The rules are so ambiguous and the standards are inconsistent, I watch a lot of football, and I am probably in a minority of fans that I'm nerdy enough to actually read through the laws of the game as well as the yearly changes and updated referee guidance. I understand the law on paper, but week in week out, I just have no idea what is and isn't going to be given as handball.

You may as well flip a **** coin.

Offside isn't much better.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

My only worry is we are on a seriously downward momentum. 

The strong finish to last season set us up for this one IMO, I just hope the opposite doesn't happen.

We lost the first game of this season 5-1. I honestly don’t think this result will impact next season.

• Thanks 1

making judgements on players in this game seems a bit daft really. Would be nice to at least score a couple, but honestly,  hard to care, it's missing several players and against an in form Palace side.

Fingers crossed a 20th for Ollie in the second half

• Like 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

At least they are providing a good opportunity for the VT match tread community to ease into its favoured mode of extreme negativity. 🙂

If you think this is extreme negativity, I invite you to please peruse an Arsenal fan forum, or a Yanited one, right now. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

luckily the game doesnt matter, but our form has been dropping off hard for a while now (the below assumes we will lose this game)

For the last 20-25 games, our PPG average was around 1.5 PPG, which for Emery is way below the previous 12 months of 2 PPG pretty much.

It was our early season form (first 25 games or so), that seems to have gotten us over the line.

image.png.b72edf93af387f39d202e440b55af9ab.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1