New Walkout Music

maqroll

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, thabucks said:

This would definitely get the crowd pumping … rather than its bigger than hip hop hip hop etc. the crowd could sing - we’re bigger than league 1 small Heath shit club 😆 

bit niche, don't you think?

some might think it's " Walk out" (and never come back), music.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, maqroll said:

Although it starts off great with the aggressive guitar riff and the menacing "aye-aye-aye" vocal, it slips into kind of a flimsy pop-rock number the rest of the way. 

Fully agree with this.  Maybe we could have the opening of Crazy Train leading into something else.

Any walkout song is better if it's easy to sing along to.  I think people fall into the trap of going for something they like listening to, but the reason why songs like Sweet Caroline or YNWA work so well is because they've got a chorus which is really easy to join in with.   Crazy Train is a superb tune but it's not a sing along tune.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Just celebrate our return to the highest echelons of football. It’s got to  be theme from an unmade silent  movie for one season.

They actually played it at Villa Park on Monday night, probably half an hour before kick off. 

Posted (edited)

FWIW this is what I'd have us walk out to if it were my choice.  It's an absolute banger of a tune and that little piano riff is totally something the crowd would chant along with.

Edited by The_Rev
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Fully agree with this.  Maybe we could have the opening of Crazy Train leading into something else.

Maybe do something with a version akin to this, basically just have the intro riff looped.

• Like 2

I honestly don't get why we don't walk out to 'Iron Man'. Don't get me wrong, I love Ozzy's solo stuff, but is it that much more famous than Sabbath's?

As amazing as bands like Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest are, they aren't as much of a fit with us and the area as Sabbath.

It'd be nice to be able to change it up a bit and try something more modern, but I can't think of another band whose music has as much gravitas for entrance music.

(Much like the badge, I'm sure few people really care too deeply beyond fan forums.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Crazy Train has been sampled, covered and used in commercials so the cultural relevance is definitely there.  We could do a hip hop blend like the song below if we want it to appeal more to a younger crowd. Obviously the offensive words need to be cut out.

Edited by nepal_villan

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Something a bit slower, more anthemic, a classic of some kind - Crazy Train just isn't well known enough, I doubt many of the the under thirties at Villa Park have a clue what it is other than that it's played before Villa games and I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I heard it anywhere else.

Maybe something timeless with a bit of emotion and inspiration - this would be great with the right images on the big screens.

• Like 1

Â