New Walkout Music

maqroll

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I know why "Crazy Train" has a significance to the locality of the football club and I respect that 100%.

I appreciate Ozzy and Black Sabbath musically. I saw Ozzy in concert in 1986 (yeah, I'm old).

I don't dislike the song, but I've never been a huge fan either, for one reason- Although it starts off great with the aggressive guitar riff and the menacing "aye-aye-aye" vocal, it slips into kind of a flimsy pop-rock number the rest of the way. 

I'm not suggesting that they scrap Crazy Train forever, but I'd love to see the club inject some variety into the walking out song. In fact, they could make it into a mini-event every home game by surprising us with a new song, songs by local bands and other songs as well, maybe songs from countries our players come from, for example. Or songs with no relevance to Villa at all, but just sound cool as walkout music. They could involve fans directly in the process. They could select four songs and have fans vote on the website for which one gets played at the next home match.

Playing Crazy Train over and over again is stale crackers, in my opinion. 

What say you? Any song suggestions?

Seek and Destroy - Metallica 😎🤘

• Like 1

Yeah it’s a bit tiresome now. I don’t mind the song either but fed up of hearing it. Against Chelsea though  I did have a bit of a moment. Paranoid was playing and I was trinity upper which gave me a view of the surrounding area. It was grey and raining and I just had this moment looking over the Aston landscape with sabbath blaring out thinking yeah man this is where it all started. Felt pretty special. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Seek and Destroy - Metallica 😎🤘

Only if we can paint up McGinn's face and drop him in from the rafters.

image.gif.ba56773ee99db46c408d63529ae1998c.gif

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

All walkout songs are cringey. We should have our own song about the team. Barcelona and Madrid have amazing atmospheres and bangers 

Can't stand them. I hope we can get into Champions League and go to Madrid and beat them. 😉 (Guess I'm in a pugnacious mood today, but thank you seriously for sharing this.)

• Haha 1

I'm not a fan of Crazy Train (or for that matter Black Sabbath) - it's got that whole Clarkson cardigan rocker thing about it.

We really could do with something that's either more anthemic or more modern.and I say that as someone who is over fifty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Ultimately, football entrances as a spectacle peaked when Grasshoppers Zurich started emerging from an actual grasshopper.

image.thumb.jpeg.f3d440fb30df0b0fdb30edb18db0b999.jpeg

Spinal Tap moment.

• Like 1

Cringey walkout songs are pretty normal in football. Olympique Marseille come out to Van Halen's - Jump for example.  Feel Crazy Train fits well based on the club's geography and Ozzy's international fame. One potential tweak is to cut the music off a little sooner - after the "aye, aye, aye" and let the Holte End takeover.

On a different note, that Villa anthem that's making the rounds is pretty solid. Would be great if they could inject that in the build-up to the match.   

• Like 1

good to have ozzy/sabbath because of the connection - Paranoid, played a little earlier (and was bizarrely played after goals scored a few years ago?) sounds alright as an intro, but the lyrics are a weird fit. Crazy Train is a strange choice, kinda embarrassing really. Never Say Die by Black Sabbath would be more fitting and has a "boys are back in town" feel, and the lyrics, at least the title, are go-get-em rawk. I dunno. My favourite Sabbath song is Neon Knights, which is a real rouser, but doesn't feature Ozzy. 

• Like 2

I’m used to Crazy Train. I’m fine with it. I don’t think it’s so widely well known that it’s a chore, like Sweet Caroline or Hi Ho Silver Lining.

I’d stick with it and I’m not really a Sabbath or Ozzy fan.

• Like 1

Â