Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 10 of 10

Just play the kids for experience now (& Watkins to see if he can get that elusive 20th goal he so much wants).

Gauci

KKH - Carlos - Lenglet - Digne

Munroe - Chambers - Iroegbunam - Kellyman

Watkins - Duran

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

this, if they can do it against Victimpool they can do it at palace.

By all means enjoy the game but let’s end the season with a win . 

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Just play the kids for experience now (& Watkins to see if he can get that elusive 20th goal he so much wants).

Gauci

Watkins - Duran

Almost. But, cruel on Ollie to miss the Euros then the UCL after that filthy tackle from Guehi.

• Sad 1

Play as strong a team as possible apart from anyone carrying any sort of knock or heavy fatigue. I'd still like to see KKH get a start.

Martinez

KKH         Konsa          Torres        Digne

Tim             Tielemans/Luiz

McGinn                                                Diaby

Watkins  Duran

I want Ollie to score his 20th. 

I want zero injuries.

It would be nice to break 70 points and end on a win, but I’d rather the above happen before anything else.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Gauci

Watkins - Duran

This is the team I came in to post. Rory Wilson to come on for Watkins once he's got 20.

• Thanks 1

Palace fans are currently living the dream with their form, it's the last day of the season for them, they're at home and it might well be sunny.

Once our lot arrive with Champions League qualification in pocket, Selhurst Park might just be the happiest place in the Universe.

Be a shame for our players to miss out on that feeling - 3-4 Vlla win.

• Like 2

Can't see Tielemans playing. He helped us out last night but with the euros coming up I think he'll get a breather. Would say McGinn aswell but he's the sort that wants to play every game.

Think Bailey and Pau will be rested given neither have been 100% in last month.

Given Palace quality in central midfield this is actually a good game to bring in Tim and KHH I think. If Cash is out injured again I'd rather see KHH get a real test up against Eze to judge what his level actually is.

Main thing from this game is getting Ollie to 20 goals as that would be the icing on the cake.

Just realised Emery hasn’t taken us to Palace before. Last season we went there under Gerrard, somehow it feels like it was a million years ago. 

Don’t care too much about the result now. I’d quite like one of those crazy final day of the season score lines, like 4-3 or something. Ollie to get his 20th league goal. Is Buendia registered at the moment? 

• Like 1

I'd give Gauci a start to see how he gets on.  It would be a bit unfair on him to have a makeshift XI in front of him so I'd still go strong.  Give Emi and Doug some extra time off before the Copa America but go as strong as possible with the rest of the team.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd give Gauci a start to see how he gets on.  It would be a bit unfair on him to have a makeshift XI in front of him so I'd still go strong.  Give Emi and Doug some extra time off before the Copa America but go as strong as possible with the rest of the team.

I get where you're coming from if this was like a League Cup 3rd round where there is still something at stake, but this is going to be a happy occasion in the sun for everyone in the stadium, a glorified friendly where most of our first choice defence are absolutely spent. KKH - Carlos - Lenglet - Munroe will be fine for Gauci. He gets the most positive first 90 minutes in the premier league that anyone could wish for, if he concedes who cares? Just enjoy and get used to the experience.

Edited by Powehi
  • Like 1

strong to start, just don't play anyone remotely knocked up obviously.

Watkins for his 20th is about the only thing I'm interested in, though a start for Duran would seem fair enough to me.

Posted (edited)

---------------------Emi---------------------

Cash-----Carlos---Lenglet---Digne

----------Luiz-----------Chambers-------

Diaby----------------------------------McGinn

------------Watkins----Duran----------------

Edited by Dante_Lockhart