Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Just now, striker said:

After a horror start Villa have played well and really should be going in 3-2 up. Two absolute sitters missed. You can't expect to beat teams lime Liverpool missing those chances.

Both Tielemans and McGinn have been excellent. Best midfielders on show.

However, Diaby has been truly awful again. Villa are playing with 10 at the moment. Would like to see Diaby subbed for Zanilo.

A hybrid of Danilo and Zaniolo? 

Niche. 

Just now, Awol said:

I’m here for it, but so far tonight he’s playing like a drunk 

A drunk coward. Whatever he was trying to do there in the box a few minutes after his Tonev, it lacked everything you'd want from a forward in that situation. Just a complete collapse as a footballer.

Posted (edited)

God, I'm really ready for this season to be over... as good as it's been for us. Just exhausting.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

Going forward pretty good but we're dangerously open at the back when they break. Bailey and Watkins quality, really not happening for Diaby though he did look okay early on playing more from the right. McGinn mixed bag with some of his passes, but trying to make things happen. And better with Youri back

Need our luck to turn and very much need the next goal. Game is still there. 

There has been nice play at times, but again, some utterly **** pathetic decision making in defence and attack.

Sometimes we switch from slick elite passing to League one falling over our feet in the same move.

Diaby, enough said.

Liverpool can't be arsed and they are still beating us.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

A prime example of why shots on target is a shit stat

It is, but it's not. 

We need to test the **** keeper.

Not sure if it's a case of baader meinhoff phenomenon but the amount of completely mad freak incidents that involve Villa is crazy to me.  World number keeper doing that?? 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep. Really important for us in so many ways. I think we’d be in the ECL final if he was fit. 

I get your point, and I agree to a point, but if you have to score 7 over two legs to win, I'd be looking a bit further back for the problems, myself.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

A prime example of why shots on target is a shit stat

Yep, you can get heaps of shots on target by kicking the ball gently straight at the keeper from distance. Meaningless stat.

Just now, maqroll said:

A drunk coward. Whatever he was trying to do there in the box a few minutes after his Tonev, it lacked everything you'd want from a forward in that situation. Just a complete collapse as a footballer.

I’m here for the Tonev reference. 

Atomic! 💣 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Certainly our most composed. 

Speed of thought in that midfield and passing technique is a joy to watch.

• Like 1

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

Yep, you can get heaps of shots on target by kicking the ball gently straight at the keeper from distance. Meaningless stat.

Yep, or a few thunderbastards to sting his palms or maybe just maybe get past him?

🤔

Some good performances matched with a couple poor ones.

What ever is going on in diabys brain needs swapping. Jesus a simple side foot for a goal under no pressure but blasts it row z.

Controls the ball facing goal with just the keeper and back heels it to a defender ? 

Add in a fair few more terrible decisions.

Doug is also still off form. Terrible free kick which they go straight down the other end and score, mis placed passes.

Digne half hearted for the first 20 minutes but at least he has sorted himself.

Mcginn torres Bailey teilmens playing well

Good work from ollie for out goal but Jesus, we should be 3-2 up at least.

10 minutes is all I would give diaby and if he hasn't switched his brain on then a swap for zaniolo unless Bailey or mcginn need to come off.

Huge effort and some concentration required this last 45, let's get over the line.

We've done fine. Been a bit open out of possession but that's to be expected against a side of this quality. I like we're moving the ball quickly and taking some risks. Shame we didn't play like this v Brighton.

Ultimately we're losing to a freak mistake and an offside goal so too early to get downhearted unless we come out for the first 15 minute snoozing.

How MacAlister dosen't get booked for GBH I'll never know. Exactly the sort of decision these opponents gets so he'll make another 3-4 fouls like that to break up play and then get a yellow with ten minutes left.

• Like 2