Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

Just now, paul514 said:

move the ball forward quicker and get cash off so diaby can play there with Duran going in the middle.

Lets have it right, Diaby has been woeful too. 

Posted (edited)

To be fair Olympiakos have played this perfectly. Scored early and now sitting back relaxing as we dick about in front of them.

Fair play to them. They've been 100x more clinical then us over 2 legs and look like they can actually defend.

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Hutton saying we need to move the ball quicker, which is another thing we have been shit at the last few games. It's actually been a bit better in this match, but we seem to slow everything down in the crucial final moments. 

I think we've got to mix it up, every now and then just bang it in and see what happens, especially cash

As it is its not the slowness it's the predictability, Digne crosses, cash doesn't 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Lets have it right, Diaby has been woeful too. 

He has been poor but he is still an attacking player. And we are 3 goals down. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't make any changes at half time in terms of personnel - I know it sounds odd, but we've actually played very well, it's a good performance we just need to find a way to finish.

If Cash was a foot or two forward it would be a very different game. 

• Like 1

On the Cash self-trip sequence, Diaby had him wide open in the box and opted to pass it the other direction across the box through traffic. Ans then he flaps his arms n frustration when Cash trips.

:rolleyes:

Just now, villa4europe said:

I think we've got to mix it up, every now and then just bang it in and see what happens, especially cash

As it is its not the slowness it's the predictability, Digne crosses, cash doesn't 

Yeah, we have 0 guile, or dynamism, or element of surprise.

• Like 1

I'm not thinking it's likely that we'll win this match. (or tie obviously)  but I do think the entire club is gaining valuable lessons that will help us next year in the CL  (if can clinch that).

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I'd bring McGinn on.

Ohh, hang on 🤦‍♀️

I think he's been OK just in a position he shouldn't be in

Done it about 8 times already tonight, he's the best turner on the ball in the PL 

• Like 1