Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

3 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

I don't get why we have wing hacks and wingers, only Diane has put crosses in, cash gets the ball goes to run and turns back, he's so easy to defend against, 

Who’s Diane and has she got a nice rack?

• Haha 1

I feel that our decision making is nothing compared to what it was earlier in the season. Just seem to make the worst decision available a lot of the time

Conserve energy for Monday. Lost cause after they got the first goal. Huge ask of the squad with all the injuries. They've been amazing this season proud of them. 

• Like 3

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

We’ve played well, it’s just not our tie on top of the fact we’re the walking wounded right now.

I think we started with a much better tone. That’s something to be encouraged  about. 

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Let's face it. Hard season and we're struggling. Gave it a good go and done very well considering all the injuries. If we had Rogers or Tielemans might have been in with a chance. But lost both...obviously. Player are out on their feet, got no beef with any of them 👏 

Pretty much 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not Emery mate, it's the half arsed mentality of the players in Europe. 

I've no doubt Emery knows what he's doing.

I think you will be surprised. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Agreed best in a while, not made it about himself. 

Best we have seen in Europe by a country mile. 

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

If the same 11 come out I'm gonna be livid 

Prepared to be livid, Unai rarely changes at HT.

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Tbf, this is mostly on Luiz. Handball that gave them the penalty, and then couldn’t even atone when he missed the penalty. 

So what. We are 7 points clear in 4th because of some sensational form from him and others 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I think that's the one positive tonight, we don't look tired, we have lots of other problems but the tiredness that has blighted us for about 2 months now doesn't seem to be there 

We need 1 last massive push 

Yeah physically not looking too bad but mentally must be tough when nothing you try works. Lack of confidence, second guessing passes etc.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Why doesn't go beyond the full back and cross? He nearly always doubles back and passes sideways or backwards.

No attacking nous, same reason he didnt attack the back post for that cross he could have tapped in

We really have to give credit where it's due 

As.much as we want to moan at our team, we have to acknowledge how good Olympiacos have been over the two legs so far.

I reckon we came out under instructions to " Play our normal game and keep composure. I don't think that is going to work here. Obviously our full strength XI is a totally different proposition.

The other danger is if we attack, they are lethal on the break. We just need a fresh injection of impetus and a disruptor.

What was an uphill battle has now become scaling Mount Everest. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 3

So far in this tie:

• Aston Villa 28 attempts on goal - 2 goals
  • Olympiacos 11 attemps on goal - 5 goals.

They've just been ridiculously efficient.

We were really good in that half, completely dominated it, completely controlled it and still came out losing it 1-0.

I'm not sure what else we can do.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I actually think the ref has been decent on the whole.

As usual. But every teams' fans think there's a conspiracy against them

• Like 1

Shocking, done the easy bit ok up to their 18 yard box purely as they have allowed us the ball in that area. As soon as we get there we are abysmal. Diaby, Digne, Cash & Watkins are clueless against this basic low block. 

That pathetic goal we conceded so so easily has killed the tie..it’s all over.