Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

4 minutes ago, Paolopulici said:

No, I ' ve seen to play Gordon Cowans, Gary Shaw and Dennis Mortimer...and I hate to see an asshole with painted hairs playing with our shirt on....in the first leg and today too. And against Brighton too...when he is tired can go to hell. 

You kind of still sound like a Greek bot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, stewiek2 said:

I actually think the ref has been decent on the whole.

Missed two clear corners in succession. Our lads looked baffled. 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Don't get the hating on Dougie that half...he's been fine.

He has been well below average by his standards, no point taking him off though as we have no playmaker to replace him. When the game is completely gone rest him.

For a team needing 3 goals, we are playing like one with the 3 goal lead. 

Slow build up, nobody taking shots, it's crap.

Don't get me started on Diaby, what does he actually offer? Haul him off and get Duran on, least he will smash a shot in. 

Just now, birdman said:

Let's face it. Hard season and we're struggling. Gave it a good go and done very well considering all the injuries. If we had Rogers or Tielemans might have been in with a chance. But lost both...obviously. Player are out on their feet, got no beef with any of them 👏 

I think that's the one positive tonight, we don't look tired, we have lots of other problems but the tiredness that has blighted us for about 2 months now doesn't seem to be there 

We need 1 last massive push 

• Like 1

Diaby off, he's been terrible.

Duran on and cross the ball in instead of passing it from out wide, back ,central, out wide, back, central out wide,back, central, lose it.

The amount of times the ball should have been played in and wasn't was embarrassing.

Overplaying ourselves out of the cup.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I dunno, I think that's harsh, their press and off the ball work in the first leg was really good, they're an absolute non entity tonight which is making it more disappointing

The Luiz hand ball is this entire tie, we should have gone on to win the first leg, everything was there and it was done 

I agree.

At bare minimum they've been coached and set up brilliantly. They have **** our tactics now for 135+ mins of football and we have little to no response. 

We're arrogant to think they're shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I have no idea how we aint winning this, they are even giving the ball back when we lose it.

I'd take Diaby off for no-one

If tapping the ball left and right without shooting or crossing counted as goals we'd be winning 45-1.

Problem is we need goals and can't even carve out a chance. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Missed two clear corners in succession. Our lads looked baffled. 

In the grand scheme of things, this should be considered a world class showing from the officials. 

This team is tired and when you’re lacking even 10% in mental and physical energy you make poorer decisions, lack the precision in passing and can’t run with the same energy. It’s not great to watch and really frustrating, but this team deserves our support and respect for how far they’ve come. Not to be called shit constantly. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

It's a tough ask let's be real. Emery is great, but 3 goals in 45min away from home in a high stakes match like this with a ref that seems a little dodgy?

With our most senior attacking player on the bench 20 and 2 18 year old. 

Just now, Tom13 said:

Cash and Diaby supporting our attack and we wonder why we can't create clear cut chances against a low block

Why doesn't go beyond the full back and cross? He nearly always doubles back and passes sideways or backwards.

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah needed to score at least one first half. Who knows but it will need a **** miracle from here

Or a few Duran thunderbolts 

• Like 2

We’ve been awful this whole tournament.

They’re all tired. Olympiakos want it more than we do.

We can’t break them down and we constantly have this problem up against teams that play 11 behind the ball.

It is what it is. I think what frustrates me the most is we now have the PL, which we can’t win, the UCL, which we can’t win, the FA Cup which we can’t win (see: Premier League). This was our chance for some silverware unless we just throw everything behind the Carabao Cup. 

I won’t be too upset as they’re all just spent and we’ve had an amazing PL season. We have seriously limped to the semis in this competition though. 

• Like 2