• Rogers
    • Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Cash (Rogers 26)
    • Durán (Diaby 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

At least we don't play badly twice...oh wait! :rolleyes: Looked like we were happy with a draw, although we never looked likely to get all three points. Carrying some players today and whatever happened to that "bounce back"? Olsen was unlucky to end up on the losing side and was clear MOTM for me, Cash also looked good when he came on, Douglas was much better today and it was good to see Pau starting.

The referee couldn't wait to give that late penalty and VAR was never going to overturn his decision, such a soft penalty, but we always looked the most likely of the two teams to go behind. Brighton were there for the taking today, they lacked confidence, but the same could be said about us. Relying on Spurs not getting unexpected points from their next two games now, because like Homer we have hit the wall. 

Hitting A Wall GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyClarke said:

Didn't watch it but listened to the last 25 minutes, all I can say was that the 5 live commentator was absolutely delighted with the performance and the 'chance' it has given Tottenham.

Not one person in the media want Villa in the CL. They probably think we will devalue the competition (yet their darlings finished bottom of their group, Manure) 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We have players out there who've played 15-20% more matches than any of theirs this season. 

Ok let's just give up and concede the season then.

3 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Didn't watch it but listened to the last 25 minutes, all I can say was that the 5 live commentator was absolutely delighted with the performance and the 'chance' it has given Tottenham.

The Sky commentators likewise. The first reaction to Pedro’s goal was, “and that may have renewed Tottenham’s top four hopes.” 

Not, “great save Olsen but quick reactions Pedro”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We have 8 out they have 9.

Us: Ramsey, Martinez, Mings, Buendia, Tielemans, Zaniolo, Kamara, Rogers.

Them: March, Ferguson, Lamptey, Lallana, Milner, van Hecke, Hinshelwood, Mitoma, Estupinan.

While, on the whole, I think that you're being too negative, you have a good point here. It's not like we lost to a full strength Brighton.

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Roger's what? Oh, Rogers.

Bloody autocorrect!

• Like 1

3 shite performances in a row. If we carry on the way we have in those 3, then I don't see us winning another game, so we'll just be relying on Spuds' results. 

I can't really blame the players. We've had rotten luck with injuries and many of them have had to play way more games than we'd have ideally liked them to. They're running on fumes now.

I'd love to be proven wrong and see us pull something out of the bag.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Ok let's just give up and concede the season then.

You can react childishly if you want, but if your thesis is there should be absolutely no detriment to the players from having played more matches then you're just obviously wrong. 

We shouldn't give up, but you probably need to revise your expectations substantially downwards for the rest of the season. 

• Like 3

Pretty miserable watch. The players seem out on their feet and we've been struggling to adapt to enforced mid-game changes. There's also very little on the bench to actually electively change it with useful squad players like Zaniolo and Tielemans missing. I'm not sure how much there is left on the tank, but it's going to be really frustrating if the last two games just drift by with us on 67 points and Watkins on 19 league goals. One of the main differences between us and Spurs to this point has been our ability to consistently bounce back from disappointing results and never losing two on the bounce in the league, but IDK how much to expect after this unless Liverpool have properly collapsed into enmity and Palace are somehow on the beach. Hopefully there's one more of those "where did that come from?" Arsenal away type performances left in them

I don't personally GAF about the Champions League in and of itself, but if missing out is going to hit the club's financial strength and necessitate selling one or two more good players it'll be a blow after how fun the vast majority of this season has been

No many highlights but Olsen had a properly great game and if nothing else maybe getting match practice and confidence will help when he has to contribute.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You can react childishly if you want, but if your thesis is there should be absolutely no detriment to the players from having played more matches then you're just obviously wrong. 

We shouldn't give up, but you probably need to revise your expectations substantially downwards for the rest of the season. 

See, you've got personal and I haven't. So instead of reproaching me for being frustrated, disappointed, angry for us not turning up at a crucial stage of the season, maybe you should work on your own way of dealing with some people's negative emotions. 

And no, I won't revise my expectations. I still maintain that if we finish 5th from here on in, we have bottled it just like so many other seasons we have been in this position and failed to get over the line. 

Just now, Leeroy said:

See, you've got personal and I haven't. So instead of reproaching me for being frustrated, disappointed, angry for us not turning up at a crucial stage of the season, maybe you should work on your own way of dealing with some people's negative emotions. 

And no, I won't revise my expectations. I still maintain that if we finish 5th from here on in, we have bottled it just like so many other seasons we have been in this position and failed to get over the line. 

I'm sorry you're annoyed by me pointing out that 'Ok let's just give up and concede the season then' is a childish reaction, but it is. It's also not a paraphrase of anything anyone has said. Grow up. 

28 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

We limp through with what we’ve got. 

We're not limping though. We're getting WELL beaten by inferior teams. 

We're lying down holding onto the sword pointed at our neck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

We're not limping though. We're getting WELL beaten by inferior teams. 

We're lying down holding onto the sword pointed at our neck. 

I do agree but how would it be better if we played inferior players? Part of this is pressure related not just fatigue.

We're tired and it's showing. They've given everything all season and we're decimated with injuries. We're still plugging away though and as frustrating as it is to lose, with two games left we're still in pole position to qualify for the Champions League. 

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I do agree but how would it be better if we played inferior players? Part of this is pressure related not just fatigue.

So you relieve the pressure by shoring up the weaker areas, not exposing them. 

• Like 1

Â