Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Given how tired the team look - it's worrying that Unai doesn't seem to want to use the youngsters - Kellyman and Tim.  

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I mean.. he clearly stuck his leg in and it tripped Rogers. Don’t think he needed to flop much, if he did, to sell that. Should’ve gone to the monitor at the least.

I thought it was more that the defender was judged to have got a touch on the ball 

Just now, Davkaus said:

He isn't quite at the level to step up to where we need him to be, imo, but this is an absolutely ludicrous opinion considering how well he did down there.

It's the internet, it's not enough to have an opinion, you have to have a fire level extreme taek to try and make the most delicate of points.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Looked decent the other night IMO.

Nah didn’t for me. I hope he comes on and is brilliant but I haven’t seen he’s up to this level yet imo.  He’s a kid so I’m happy to give him time but not in this important match imo.  I’m happy to be wrong though!

Just now, Davkaus said:

He isn't quite at the level to step up to where we need him to be, imo, but this is an absolutely ludicrous opinion considering how well he did down there.

My good mate is a QPR fan and didnt rate him.

Anyway, this is the Premier League and he isnt clise to being good enough.

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

luckily liverpool will bail us out.....need to pull our socks up!

The same Liverpool that lost 2 - 0 to Everton.

Ok.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

Just seems like Brighton have our build-up play nullified completely. Unai will tweak something at HT and we'll come out on top.

They press high and then go static (don't take the bait) It's like a low block but 30 yards up the pitch. Need to mix it up a bit with some good balls over the top now Rogers is gone but for that you need Diaby to be at it.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I thought it was more that the defender was judged to have got a touch on the ball 

If that’s the case then it is what it is. I didn’t see him touch the ball though but I could be wrong.

Tim should have been on for Roger’s - no point taking Diaby off, he is not the problem, if anything I would fancy him to score or assist this half.  For the 3rd game running nothing is sticking up top, which comes from being too much between Olly and midfield and zero movement of the forward line, just standing there or when they do spin off our back lines passes it sideways or back - all that being said we can take this game, needs some confidence for Thursday, footy is largely about momentum.- 

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

My good mate is a QPR fan and didnt rate him.

Anyway, this is the Premier League and he isnt clise to being good enough.

Many QPR fans did rate him though?

Many Boro fans/Championship followers didn't rate Rogers, they've been proven to be clueless. Means nothing.

• Like 1

We need to close down the ball as we're giving them too much time to pick their passes.

Huge 2nd half - vast improvement needed if we wanted to take something from this game.

Posted (edited)

I wonder what happened if Pau was moved in to a DM role? It would allow mcginn and luiz to move up in to positions that suit them 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

I think they'll come out and give us the high press for the first 15 minutes of the half. We'll either wilt or get in behind them for a goal.

I'm just really disappointed atm. Don't put the youngsters in the squad if you ain't going to utilise them. Playing Tim would at least give Luiz or McGinn the opportunity to support the attack and defend as Diaby and Bailey are far too lightweight out of possession. 

Right now I'd probably take Konsa off for Tim and drop Cash back to RB. 

• Like 1

Let's show them some support. Been fantastic this season to get us in to this position.

Times like this when the team needs the fans the most

Of course I'd like to win, but looking at our players today - I'd be reasonably happy with a point. I think it would be a very important point again.