Midweek Football 22/25 April

andykeenan

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Rooney being younger than Ashley Young, Ronaldo and even LeBron James boggles the mind. 

He looked about 30 when he was 16.

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

That bit of skill from Mbappe to set up Dembele was genuinely mindblowing

Quietly having a solid season despite spending a lot of time on the bench after refusing to sign a new deal with PSG. 43 goals and 10 assist in 43 games all competitions is not bad. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Calvert Lewin goal might be some of the worst defending I have seen from a set piece. If Arsenal conceded that the Sky media clowns be calling them weak

Sky showed a stat just before that goal saying the the first touch after a set piece had been an Everton player from all of Everton's previous set plays. I think it was 5 or 6 in a row. Liverpool hadn't won a single first ball. 

Was a matter of time. Virgil was blocked from getting to the ball, but he's definitely not the commanding centre back he was. Doesn't seem to have the legs to do his runs now either. They're a club in decline.

Edited by MrBlack

2 hours ago, Genie said:

He looked about 30 when he was 16.

There's probably a case study on him somewhere about the benefit of him having hair on his chest at 10 years old and playing say u14 football at that age, playing u18 football at 14 and full men's football at 16, he was a boy in a man's body

Not saying its why he made it but always assumed it's why he was that good, how much exposure to better coaching did he get from a younger age because of his body and how did that develop him earlier and faster 

I dont think there's been many if any players like him 

In the Palace vs Newcastle game, Longstaff spat in the direction of the ref’s face after the penalty appeal was turned down.

I also wonder if Newcastle specifically practice diving for penalties based on last night, the West Ham game at home and a few other instances.

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's probably a case study on him somewhere about the benefit of him having hair on his chest at 10 years old and playing say u14 football at that age, playing u18 football at 14 and full men's football at 16, he was a boy in a man's body

Not saying its why he made it but always assumed it's why he was that good, how much exposure to better coaching did he get from a younger age because of his body and how did that develop him earlier and faster 

I dont think there's been many if any players like him 

I could 100% believe that. My lad is 13 and the others that age that are 6 foot and strong are getting hoovered up by academy’s now even if not technically as good as others. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What's happening with Udinese vs Roma - the match is currently showing as suspended on the BBC?

It was suspended when originally played after 72 mins due to players injury. They are playing the remaining 18 mins tonight. Apparently Italian rules state the whole game doesn’t get replayed

Edited by peterwithethewinner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What's happening with Udinese vs Roma - the match is currently showing as suspended on the BBC?

first 70 minutes was played two weeks ago and Ndicka collapsed so the game was called off. Finishing the last 20 minutes now, it happens in Spain and Italy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brighton team is always so odd.

It's a combination of players that I've never heard of and then a load from my childhood.

Baleba, Montana. Sessagne etc.

Mixed with

Milner, Lallana, Wellbeck, Hamann, Wiltord.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Brighton team just looks like a list of people De Zerbi met at a Fatboy Slim gig on the beach. Checking, injuries rule out Mitoma, Milner, Ferguson, March, Estupinan, Lamptey.

I was there, what a night. Was offered the chance to play but sadly I made up the Fat Boy section.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Incredible header from De Bruyne.

Was a corker that, he could have side footed it in but nah, Imma stick my head on it and make it look even better. Great finish.

Â