Midweek Football 9/11 April

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

The irony of a Spurs account calling out Saka for “sticking his leg out” for contact. Literally Harry Kane’s signature move 😂

Ironic yes but correct in this case. That frame is before any contact, just look at the position he's jumped himself into. It gets more and ore ridiculous every time you watch it.

1 hour ago, Lochheads twin said:

Have seen it reported that Englands coefficient improved more than Germanys tonight and the 2 countries are now level!!!

How did that happen when we only got two draws?!

Edited by ender4

The infuriating thing about Saka is that he could have gotten a shot off there but being a cheater at heart, he went looking for the penalty, *which he probably would have won* had he not then stuck his leg out to further sell it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

How did that happen when we only got two draws?!

You get coefficient points for a draw and tonight England got 2 draws and Germany only got 1.

Bayern got denied the most bizarre but stonewall penalty ever when an Arsenal defender picked it up from a goal kick and then took the kick himself

33 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think it's absolutely a penalty. Neuer positions himself in a way where Saka can't avoid the contact even if he makes the most of it. I'd want it a penalty if it happened to us.

I sort of agree that maybe Saka can’t avoid contact, but Neuer doesn’t actually foul him. Saka’s decision to touch the ball inside is, essentially, the wrong move.

(He does also leave his leg hanging to ensure contact, which is a good sign that it isn’t a foul). 

never a penalty and saka should have been yellow carded, preferably twice for just taking the piss. I'd be furious if that was given as a penalty against us. Saka such a cheating word removed.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

if you can't avid contact then the contact happens in a natural way and it's a foul. No one's body has ever before been in the position that Saka's was in when he hit Neuer, let alone on a football pitch.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Saka could not have stretched his leg out any further to instigate contact,  cheating word removed. he is another player i could quite happily punch all day (With Maupay, Maddison and Rat Boy)  

He could have scored but decided to do what he does best, cheat.

• Like 1

By the way, here is the handball that should have been a Bayern penalty:

I do commend the ref for not turning such an innocuous incident into a game-changing moment, but on the other hand ;) he's not allowed to just change the rules of the game if we're arguing about which, if either, team should have had a penalty last night.

Wan't there a decision involving Villa that was felt to be wrong and the ref did just change the rules, or vice versa?

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

never a penalty and saka should have been yellow carded, preferably twice for just taking the piss. I'd be furious if that was given as a penalty against us. Saka such a cheating word removed.

Funny thing is, that would 100% be given in the PL, best league in the world 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I do commend the ref for not turning such an innocuous incident into a game-changing moment, but on the other hand ;) he's not allowed to just change the rules of the game if we're arguing about which, if either, team should have had a penalty last night.

Wan't there a decision involving Villa that was felt to be wrong and the ref did just change the rules, or vice versa?

I'm a bit conflicted because it was clearly not done to gain an advantage, just a mix up, possibly he hadn't heard the whistle.  It's the kind of incident that in cricket you wouldn't appeal for out of the spirit of the game* but in football you'd be all over it if you are the opposition.

*edit: unless you're Australian 

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

100% pen. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Funny thing is, that would 100% be given in the PL, best league in the world 😂

Sadly depends on the teams involved.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

All I saw was ArseAnal

Â