Midweek Football 9/11 April

It's interesting between City/Arsenal and Madrid/City.

The latter have Vini, Rodrygo, Sane, Gnabry, and Musiala - all ball carriers that can devastate a team solo. Meanwhile City and Arsenal start Grealish/Foden/Silva/Martinelli/Saka. All good players in their own right, but none of them pacey ball carriers. Or if they are - they're actively instructed not to go for it and instead consistently play in these wide flank positions.

A contrast in styles - great for consistent league play - but not so much for tournament 'magic' moments.

Edited by DJBOB

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Classic dirty Kane. Should be a red that. Always gets away with this shit.

The more I see it the naughtier it looks, he knows what he's doing, first time I saw it I thought the defender clattered him and it was his own fault but there's more of a swing to it than that 

Edit fwiw I played vets football with Lee Hughes, he was an absolute master of that, every player that went to clatter him his body and his elbows were perfectly positioned so the defender did more damage to himself, he just read it every time 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I'm always fascinated watching Arsenal/City play in the UCL these past few seasons.

In the prem, let's face it - they're going to be significantly better than almost every club in the league bar maybe each other and Liverpool.

But in the UCL, they look distinctly mortal since the opposing teams will usually have a Vini or a Sane that are just devastating their lumbering CB's as FB. This is not too dissimilar to what we did with Bailey on Gvardiol.

This is the difference. man City will take a 2-1 loss confident they can overturn it at the Etihad. Arsenal though will know a home defeat gives them an uphill struggle second leg.

Just now, duke313 said:

I think it will be incredibly difficult for Arsenal to qualify if the lose this. They ain’t winning in Munich.

Both Arsenal and City just lack any great 1v1 attackers.

You see how City and Bayern are just having players go at their defenders and then the City and Arsenal players are always slowing everything down.

Just now, andym said:

Good timing 😀

Thanks for being shit tonight Odergaard, Saka and Havertz rather than Sunday against us 😉

• Haha 2

Â