Weekends Football 5/7April

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

14 shots to 0 and utd still somehow in the game. typical utd performance

10Hag just needs to tell them to imagine they’re playing Villa and they’ll piss it.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

He has no history in football as far as I am aware so I’d find it very surprising if he was scouting and buying players that nobody else had asked for.

I doubt he’d have any involvement aside from putting his trust in people at the club and signing the cheques.

It’s fairly well known he was buying players that managers didn’t ask for….

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

He has no history in football as far as I am aware so I’d find it very surprising if he was scouting and buying players that nobody else had asked for.

I doubt he’d have any involvement aside from putting his trust in people at the club and signing the cheques.

maybe, but as soon as he arrived the strategy of the club changed almost immediately......where does that come from? He's done his homework before he bought Chelsea so he knows what he wants to do.

for example, our owners have done things steadily....it's a stark contrast so whats happening at Chelsea.

Would you be happy with him as our owner? 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

His call to sack Tuchel.

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

maybe, but as soon as he arrived the strategy of the club changed almost immediately......where does that come from? He's done his homework before he bought Chelsea so he knows what he wants to do.

for example, our owners have done things steadily....it's a stark contrast so whats happening at Chelsea.

Would you be happy with him as our owner? 

It was a funny deal because when he bought them he had also committed to spend a certain amount on players. 
No way he was picking the players hence why I said Poch can’t be getting too much sympathy for the mess when he’s going to be more responsible than anyone for it.

The players signed = Poch

The players not released causing a massive squad = Poch

The fees paid, I’m sure Poch could have cancelled any deals ones bidding got to a point.

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Liverpool doing what every side does against these jammy feckers. Loads of chances but dither on the ball and allow them to get blocks in. You know they'll shithouse an equaliser

Yep so many teams seem obsessed with playing endless 1-2s around Man. United and that allows them time to get back and get in last ditch blocks, stat that went up said at 158 they've had the most penalty area blocks in the league this season.

That chance was begging Szboszlai to hit it but instead he tries to play in Bradley who eventually gets crowd out.

Have to say though Alexis MacAllister is total class. Liverpool signed him for 35m which is a total steal when you see what Chelsea are paying for Brighton players.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

His call to sack Tuchel.

Again, like transfer fees I doubt he is doing it himself. There’s a whole structure of directors and advisors at the club who will be recommending what to do. He has final say but I doubt he is calling all the shots. That wouldn’t really make much sense.

Honestly, Utd are so shit. I'm not worried if they win this.

They won't win their next two of Bournemouth and Sheff Utd.

I've mapped out the results. Those two points yesterday would really have helped.

I've got us needing a point last day to guarantee us 5th.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was a funny deal because when he bought them he had also committed to spend a certain amount on players. 
No way he was picking the players hence why I said Poch can’t be getting too much sympathy for the mess when he’s going to be more responsible than anyone for it.

The fees paid, I’m sure Poch could have cancelled any deals ones bidding got to a point.

Pochettino is on the record saying even Palmer wasn’t his signing and that he was bought by the owner and sporting directors.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pochettino is employed in a coaching role, he has no say in transfers, the board and their scouting/data/recruitment people make those decisions. 

One of the reasons I'm confident we can keep Emery is that there are less and less managers given the levels of responsibility for things at their clubs that he's being given.

United for example are very keen to stress that in the summer they will be after a 'head coach', not a 'manager'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Honestly, Utd are so shit. I'm not worried if they win this.

They won't win their next two of Bournemouth and Sheff Utd.

I've mapped out the results. Those two points yesterday would really have helped.

I've got us needing a point last day to guarantee us 5th.

There is absolutely no way on earth Man United will catch us if they lose today. I dont think we need another point if I'm honest.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep so many teams seem obsessed with playing endless 1-2s around Man. United and that allows them time to get back and get in last ditch blocks, stat that went up said at 158 they've had the most penalty area blocks in the league this season.

That chance was begging Szboszlai to hit it but instead he tries to play in Bradley who eventually gets crowd out.

Have to say though Alexis MacAllister is total class. Liverpool signed him for 35m which is a total steal when you see what Chelsea are paying for Brighton players.

They got cut price as he fell out with de Zerbi and had already been tapped up by them so Brighton wanted rid.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

serious-no.gif

Transfer decisions are made by co-sporting directors Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart, who report directly into Boehly - Pochettino isn't involved at all, he works with what he's given.

29 minutes ago, andym said:

Bloody Liverpool always clinical against us, missing great chances against Man U

There must be something in the way Man U defend. They give up a lot of chances but they must be difficult chances that they are giving away. 

It’s the same story every week, a lot of ‘chances’ but not actually that many goals from them. It can’t just be luck.

Â