Weekends Football 5/7April

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I do want us to get Champions league football, just for the proof we have done it. But we are no way ready for CL, no way at all. We will just bomb out first round.

Me too because i fear Emi and maybe Ollie and Dougie may leave for CL footbsll and i doubt we will get another chance for a long time as i dont expect Man U and Chelsea will be as poor next season. Just to hear that Champs League Anthem at VP would be so emotional

• Like 2

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm really getting a bit bored of this big team bias, it is there no matter what anyone says.

I suppose we will hear all week now, how amazing big Ange is for getting Spurs top 4, an CL football. Could even still win the league ya know. 

I dont mind Ange.

Think he has been a breath of fresh air

Really like his personality and how honest he is speaking 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hev said:

Me too because i fear Emi and maybe Ollie and Dougie may leave for CL footbsll and i doubt we will get another chance for a long time as i dont expect Man U and Chelsea will be as poor next season. Just to hear that Champs League Anthem at VP would be so emotional

They said same thing last season about Chelsea😉

9 hours ago, a-k said:

Apparently, Fenerbahce fielded their U19 team, and the protest was because they asked for this Final to be postponed due to their upcoming midweek European tie. As you can imagine, the request was denied.

I assume the plan was to walk off after 1 minute at 0-0 to make it difficult for the authorities to assign a winner. The fact they conceded after 50 seconds really did ruin their plan to cause some chaos.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume the plan was to walk off after 1 minute at 0-0 to make it difficult for the authorities to assign a winner. The fact they conceded after 50 seconds really did ruin their plan to cause some chaos.

How would it be difficult? Surely they just say they'd abandoned the game and lost?

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

How would it be difficult? Surely they just say they'd abandoned the game and lost?

Yeah I supposed, but there would always be the argument Galatasary didn’t actually win it if the game was abandoned at 0-0. Default winners.

At 0-1 after less than a minute it has backfired somewhat.

I saw a funny clip of Klopp after the game yesterday, interviewer says “both managers seem disappointed with a draw” and he was shocked and said “United are disappointed with a draw??”

and he’s right, god only knows how they were still in that game at HT. Then they somehow severed up a couple of worldies to take the lead. Proper one in a million game.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah I supposed, but there would always be the argument Galatasary didn’t actually win it if the game was abandoned at 0-0. Default winners.

At 0-1 after less than a minute it has backfired somewhat.

Not turning up for a game is an immediate 3-0 loss. I believe it's the same for walking off, unless the score is bigger than 3-0 at the time of the walk off and then that is the score that would stand.

49 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Not turning up for a game is an immediate 3-0 loss. I believe it's the same for walking off, unless the score is bigger than 3-0 at the time of the walk off and then that is the score that would stand.

If we were in a cup final against small heath and walked off at 0-0 they’d be awarded the trophy but our fans would be saying “you didn’t actually beat us so it’s tarnished”.

The fact Galatasary scored in the first minute before the protest has taken a bit of the shine off the symbolic action.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

They said same thing last season about Chelsea😉

In fairness all the Chelsea players get gold plated yachts every week for the next 8 years. I don't think I'd wanna move either.

I don't want Spurs to beat us to the CL, obviously.  But my God I'd prefer them over Chelsea or Man United.

At least Spurs (a bit like Arsenal) have earned their CL places, by being fairly astute in the market and earning good fees for their players when they move. 

• Like 2

Â