Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

All one way, surprise!

We were v lucky on the Bailey one first minute. Dived in and don't think he got anything on ball.

• Like 1

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Well he should definitely be on a yellow already.  I don't get how you can commit three cynical fouls like he has and not get booked and yet a tug on a shirt is an automatic yellow.  The impact is the same - so the punishment should be too.

Ridiculous he didn't get booked when he went right through the back of Ollie.

And how can they haul down Carlos in the box, it somehow gets given against him and VAR doesn't have a look. That's surely as clear and obvious an error as you can get.

We've understandably struggled v the low block but one excellent cross from McGinn was all it took so hopefully this follows a similar pattern to the Wolves game now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thug said:

I don't understand all the comments about why did the ref blow the whistle for half time?

Since when has there been a rule that you can't blow for half time if there is an attack going on?  Never.

Well past the 2 added minutes.  I'd be furious if he DIDN'T blow for half time but rather added on time beyond what was due.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because if you're a Sky 6 club the ref will ALWAYS let them continue their attack.  Anyone else then suddenly time is time is time. 

You reckon Liverpool at 1 nil down don't get to see that attack out? 

Like I said. There definitely IS an unwritten rule, but only for some. 

Toney will come on no doubt and cause problems as Brentford won’t be as bad as that for another 45. Ref poor for both sides imo. 

Just now, YLN said:

Steven Gerrard's free kick there. Who was the keeper? Didn't look like Sorenson

Mate is your stream about 25 minutes behind? 

I really hope Ollie breaks Dwight’s goal scoring record for us today with another goal. Mostly also because I’m not sure the Brentford fans could handle it 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, sidcow said:

He basically decided before the ball was kicked that there was going to be some nonsense and he was going to deal with it by penalising Carlos with a foul. 

So then just ignored that Carlos was hauled to the ground in a stonewall penalty. 

Disgusting refereeing. 

What's the point of VAR if they can't pick that out as a clear and obvious error?. 

What nonsense goes on before the corner is taken is irrelevant. 

What happens after the ball is played is the only thing to look at. 

I was 100% sure the ref was going to call it just like he did and I don't blame him tbh. That's how those situations gets called every time. If you don't listen to the ref telling you to stop wrestling then the defender is (almost) always going to get the call. No matter if the situation might warrant a pen. The ref lets you take the corner but he's already decided it's a FK to the defender. Guess it takes something more violent for them to just cancel the corner directly

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Villa xg 0.36 and Brentford 0.06 tells you all you need to know about that half😴😴

They'll change tactics to chase now. Odd that they aren't substituting now at half, Toney's got to be more than a question mark.

BBC describing Ollie's goal as "a scruffy, scruffy goal".  Looked to me like a great and very accurate cross and a pretty decent header into the corner of the goal.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I can’t wait for Ollie to break the goal scoring record and shut up that bloated ego of our former striker on TalkCrap 

I will love it

spacer.png