Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No ambition tonight.  Big teams don’t go to a rival  top 4 side and play a weakened team. Need to get these daft thoughts out of our head and show a bit.  Typical Villa trait which occurs when we start getting dizzy and not believing in ourself. You want to play with the so called big boys then grow some bollocks. Very small time tonight. 

I mean…. City did. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair they didn't play weakened teams but city vs arsenal at the weekend seemingly just didn't bother to play either 

They were both just happy for a dead game and a point 

True , but seems we were happy with a defeat and to rest some players . Small club mentality but typical Villa . 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Safe to say goal difference now gone as a factor with Spurs. Their 4-0 thumping of us and this thumping puts an end to that. Need to win against Brentford now. 

There's 1 goal between us?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Just listening to these commentators w**k themselves silly over Man City makes me realise how unlikely it is that they will see any punishment for their (alleged) cheating.

Indeed.

We didn’t lose this game because of squad rotation. The two key changes (our two most important players) were forced on us. The rest all made some sense, and we’ve just been battered by a very good side.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We are just a minor insignificance to the commentary team who are mostly employed to blow smoke up Man City’s arses because that’s what the ‘fans’ want. 

It's actually been sickening. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Hows that a foul by youri but the one on konsa isn't? 

It's so infuriating, it's bollocks 

Yep penalty all day for me, he's not played the ball and played the player in the box.

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

Well it's all worked out. The Media get their close title race and little Villa get humbled by the Billion pound team.

If someone says reality check I go to war.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No ambition tonight.  Big teams don’t go to a rival  top 4 side and play a weakened team. Need to get these daft thoughts out of our head and show a bit.  Typical Villa trait which occurs when we start getting dizzy and not believing in ourself. You want to play with the so called big boys then grow some bollocks. Very small time tonight. 

City aren't a rival top 4 side, those 3 above us are In a league of their own. We played well but the 3rd goal killed us, we was unlucky not to make it 2-2 and the 2nd goal we conceeded was so silly

• Like 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Just listening to these commentators w**k themselves silly over Man City makes me realise how unlikely it is that they will see any punishment for their (alleged) cheating.

It's crazy that they don't even step toe around it, they talk about the strength of their bench but never even mention that city have spent near £2bn compared to villas circa £500m (?) and not only does the disparity kill the league and city winning it for a 4th time would be **** shite it's all built on cheating 

But the PL is so exciting who cares?