Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/24 at 22:59

11 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Molineuxmix

"A full strength wolves would have beaten a full strength villa today"

Lolol. Yeah that's why you are mid table and we are top 4. Deluded clowns they really are.

...........and a depleted Villa, beat a depleted Wolves.....fact.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Emi's heroics in the early stages kept us in the game and made the win possible. Therefore, he gets my MotM.

Zaniolo was fantastic, hope he understands how he's growing on the fans.

If Zaniolo and Duran, can show that kind of urgency/aggression....they will grow on the fans....we know they have talent.

• Like 1

A solid performance today, giving us an overdue win against the Wolves and importantly, the first 3 of the 15 points we need to break through the 70 point target.

Diaby (looked like the player we bought ) & Bailey were the source of most of our creativity down the right. Very important save by Emi but other than that he was largely untroubled. Konsa, Dougie & Tielemans all played well and were the platform for us to build on. Nice to see Diego complete a full game.

Unai addressed our frailty down the left, with Digne & Zaniolo doing enough to merit a start at Citeh. This match will not define our season but we do not need our goal difference taking a battering.

Brentford (who played well last night) & Bournemouth are key games in building a CL qualifying points total. We will then only need 6 more from Chelsea (home) , Place & Brighton away. Anything from the other 3 will be a bonus.

Keeping going lads its been a great season so far. UTV

Mind the gap… 🙃

Easy work in a game I was fearing as they usually treat us as their cup final. Another record Emery has halted with the winless run at home against these. 

3 points on the board and one less game to play. CL is getting closer now. 

Great impact by Zaniolo and Duran. Diaby class as well! Loved it!

• Like 1

I saw a real difference when Zaniolo and Duran, exerted the aggression, they did.

Wolves defence looked clearly rattled, with their approach.....Errors have to be forced upon opposing players, we can't just wait for them....a passive approach just plays in to their hands, and invites pressure on us.

I understand, it's hard to be aggressive for 90 odd minutes.....but I think we need to find it, that little bit more, than we do.

I was particularly impressed, by Durans ability to disrupt and challenge for the ball.....I was also encouraged by his aerial flick ons, which create chances, and spook defences.

He has a lot to learn, with his decision making, but his running and effervescent style of play, and his hustle and bustle,  impresses me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Have seen reports this morning claiming Villa were advantaged as could bring on experience off the bench. I tend to think that's either hugely respectful or hugely ignorant - definitely shows that even going for 4th that some folks are still not paying attention. 

• Like 2

Seen a lot of comments from Wolves fans re their missing players but seems like most are completely missing the fact we were without real key players in 

McGinn, Kamara, Ramsey and Watkins (for 45) add in Buendia and Mings and that's probably 6 of our best eleven.

Ran out pretty comfortable winners, the subs were key to that. Zaniolo in particular. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

Moreno was good defensively, don't see the problem with him. Rogers did more than we have seen so far, he is looking promising. Duran's energy was great. Just so pleased with the squad in this one. 

Twice I remember Moreno was unmarked with a couple in the box and he missed them by a mile. Our left is the attacking side, the LB needs to be able to create.

15 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Seen a lot of comments from Wolves fans re their missing players but seems like most are completely missing the fact we were without real key players in 

McGinn, Kamara, Ramsey and Watkins (for 45) add in Buendia and Mings and that's probably 6 of our best eleven.

Ran out pretty comfortable winners, the subs were key to that. Zaniolo in particular. 

Fans will often try and justify why their team has been beaten.

The reality is, as we know, both teams were without a lot of key players and you just have to get on with it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Radness said:

Twice I remember Moreno was unmarked with a couple in the box and he missed them by a mile. Our left is the attacking side, the LB needs to be able to create.

And at least twice he outpaced their winger and cleared the ball. Then we won 2-0. Enjoy it dude. 

• Like 2

We were far too open on the left in the first half hour and Moreno was exposed so many times. All of there threat came from that side.

Rogers played well in the first half in particular with his runs with the ball. The one where he was fouled twice but kept on running and eventually got the free kick. I don't know why the ref didn't book the two players instead of the one. Both fouls were as bad as one another. 

You can see that Wolves are a decent side, so aligned with our poor record against them that was a big win for us. Well happy.

I thought Tielemans had a very good game and got my motm vote.

No doubt in my mind that the subs made a big difference to us. Zaniolo and Digne changed it and gave us some much needed impetus. That with the aggression from Duran rattled them.

Emery got that right. Strange bordering trolling that he's got one vote as very poor. Weird!!!

• Like 1

Thrilled to beat the dogheads. We usually struggle, and I wasn't confident because of that reason. 

Delighted :) 

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I’ve heard no pings on my phone or WhatsApp this morning from the in-laws side. 

Mind the gap you Yam Yam custard, bowlers 

However, I remain classy so far, but this will change after necking a couple of bottles of red with Easter dinner. They’re going to get it both barrels, especially her stupid brother

Send the nobber a message in large bold font:

WEEM VILLA AY WE

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Well... that was comfortable. Great result

3 things I learned:

• Moreno probably needs a spell. Digne is well in front, imo.
  • I usually count the amount of times Zaniolo retains possession on 1 hand. Today was the opposite. Good signs.
  • That was probably the tamest "derby" I can remember. We were supremely comfortable despite their early possession.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I’ve heard no pings on my phone or WhatsApp this morning from the in-laws side. 

Mind the gap you Yam Yam custard, bowlers 

However, I remain classy so far, but this will change after necking a couple of bottles of red with Easter dinner. They’re going to get it both barrels, especially her stupid brother

You're doing god's work my friend.

• Haha 1

Still can’t quite understand how Ait Nouri got away without a yellow card. There’s no rule that says the ref can’t book both for a professional foul. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Shows how fans see things differently, I thought he showed real signs of promise tonight. Strong running, skilful play, little touches, sure, not everything came off, but there is a player in there for sure. 

People seem to forget that he's joined a club a division above mid season and is adapting the the premier league. Look at Zaniolo recently, it takes time to adapt. He'll benefit from a preseason and settling into Unai's ways.

• Like 2