Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

Just now, birdman said:

As I've said about Ollie missing out and now Emi...its probably the best game they could miss as they could still play and we may lose. This game is a shot to nothing. If we get something out of it then great if not whatever.

Exactly this, pick our battles.  Players will definitely burn out...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This is a free hit.

Very understandable Unai not risking everyone.

Right game to make some changes.

As long as we don't get humped, this lot have a great opportunity to show who they are against the very best...

tonight is the night i become a millionaire.

Zaniolo & Rogers starting, house 100% remortgaged, cars refinanced, secured money against the kids, all to place a bet on them both getting cards tonight.

You guys will all have invites to my foreign Villa in the sun, for a party, when i get my cha ching.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

In 2 minds about the team put out.

On one hand we have Brentford on Saturday at home, a game we should be winning so protecting 3 or 4 of the first team for that.

On the other hand we can't afford to lose by much if we are to lose and maybe putting out a weaker team could make the result worse than it need be.

Fingers crossed we can upset them and win 🤞🤞🤞

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why would they be on the bench? I think we’ve rotated squad and gone for the same defensive setup that handled Haaland/City at Villa Park - I guess Langlet is rotated in for Torres.

Sadly, in a way, Haaland isn’t playing but I don’t think our selection is down to illness - other than playing Olsen, of course. 

@tomav84 I was thinking the same thing. A squad illness would explain a lot. And if the option is name noone or a player that's got the shits on the bench then the latter will win. Imodium then up and hope they last 45 minutes if needed at half time.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tonight is the night i become a millionaire.

Zaniolo & Rogers starting, house 100% remortgaged, cars refinanced, secured money against the kids, all to place a bet on them both getting cards tonight.

You guys will all have invites to my foreign Villa in the sun, for a party, when i get my cha ching.

Good bet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Many VTers seem to

Not me, I've taken 12 Imodium - one for every shot Olsen is probably about to fumble.

Enjoy your Speights.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Different game. We will have players back for that. 

Exactly we could have McGinn, Watkins, Ramsey and even Cash back for that game.

We will suffer tonight.

If we can limit the loss to only one goal it would be a decent result all things considered

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

No true Villa fan

giphy.gif

Am I as positive as our best XI? Of course not but throwing a tactical spanner in Pep’s week long plans against specific players of ours and then Emery challenging our fringe players to step up and who should be very fit and not suffering from fatigue.

I’m positive until something changes my mind and every other team have gone to the Etihad trying their usual play and come away with very little so something different might work, might not but I bet Emery has a plan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

@tomav84 I was thinking the same thing. A squad illness would explain a lot. And if the option is name noone or a player that's got the shits on the bench then the latter will win. Imodium then up and hope they last 45 minutes if needed at half time.

lets hope they dont pick up the Dulcolax from the shelf opposite by mistake.