Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

I must say I don't know what a handball is nowadays, but with that little caveat, it's not a penalty to me. Leon flicks it straight into his hand, maybe on purpose.

He's trying to play a through ball between the defenders.  Zoom lens makes it look like the balls just going out, but if it goes past the villa player running on picks it up at the byline in a dangerous position. 

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

The bloke on sky sports news said there was nothing in it as well..

Is that the bloke who played 96 games for West Ham?

Sloppy at the back and just too slow in build up. Pretty clear messages to correct things.
Give it another 10-15 mins and then we make the subs that everyone on here seems to be asking for!

Not confident we are getting anything from this, a point would be amazing right now.

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Yes I'm making excuses for these lazy words removed who are in fourth place, outperforming expectations and pushing for both CL qualification and European success. 

Have a word with yourself. 

Your not getting many likes with uou comments.

I'm with Unai, an he won't be accepting of this performance  or the last

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

I must say I don't know what a handball is nowadays, but with that little caveat, it's not a penalty to me. Leon flicks it straight into his hand, maybe on purpose.

It looks to me like he's trying to play a chipped throughball and the west ham player blocks it with his arm which is an unnatural position making it handball.

It won't be the first time terrible officiating has cost us this season if we don't get anything out of this game.

If were Liverpool that's 100% given.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

I understand that some of you hate when posters blame the referee.  What I hate worse is when posters slag off our own players and manager.  You can say Rogers should have marked the wing more closely than he did on the goal (fact), without stating that he's dross, useless, needs replaced immediately.  I understand passion, but I really struggle to understand venom at our own players and manager.  (Another Unai experiment isn't working!  As if he wasn't forced to think outside the box.)

Totally agree. It’s usually just the minority but it really takes away any credibility when people can’t take a more balanced view 

• Thanks 1

The passing has been atrocious. The back four pass it along the line as there is nothing on in front of them. Luiz is the only player showing! Really need a big change this half but I’m not sure that’s how Emery operates. 

Leon is right to try and play the ball over the top - the defender had his arm out - but whether he manufactured it or not, it’s an unnatural position by the letter of the law 

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Tielemans isn’t dogshit. He’s been good when in the right position but he’s playing in a spot he’s got no business in. Should put Tim in his spot and move him up to replace rogers. Give him a more attacking role.

Tielemans is dogshit and has been most the season other than a couple of games . He's far too slow in possession and not strong or aware enough out of possession. He's a plodder.

1 minute ago, irishvilla1874 said:

I think Utd and Spurs have both spluttered a number of games this season. 

Yeah this is true. That said, had we not stuttered in the way we did Vs both in 3/4 games we'd be home and dry in 4th pretty much and not really competing with them.

Can't always expect those results to go our way, but the United 2x losses in particular were frustrating because we should've won both.

Anyway, this game isn't lost yet, I fully expect a response in the second half