Weekends Football 8/10 March

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

How the **** does this awful United team keep getting wins?

They seem to have conquered the formula for doing just about enough to scrape past the shit teams in the league consistently which puts them where they are on that alone. 

Apart from us they fall short against anyone half decent.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Arsenal are definitely in the mix for the title. These are the type of games you have to win.

Absolutely. It could go either way for all three at the top. And we -- ****-ing Villa! -- have to catch up with either Citeh or Liverpool and hope one of them drops some points. Yes. It has to be be said. The only clubs above us are huge. That's the incredible reality of our situation at Villa under Unai.

Villa supporters and our players are going to have to get over themselves & take that in fully.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Genie said:

They seem to have conquered the formula for doing just about enough to scrape past the shit teams in the league consistently which puts them where they are on that alone. 

Apart from us they fall short against anyone half decent.

The "awful" comes comparatively from historical expectations and the "legend" -- that's why. It's bollocks, but their supporters and their haters and the media have totally internalized the hype. On the face of it, they've have a pretty good if dogged campaign whilst facing loads of big injuries and failed signings. If they weren't United, we would be talking about their "grinding out wins" and "character."

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Arsenal have Man city, spurs and utd all to play away 

Sat here right now I'd happily guess they lose all 3 of those games, the game vs city last year was huge and city brushed them aside like a mere inconvenience rather than a title challenge, expect the same this year 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

Sat here right now I'd happily guess they lose all 3 of those games, the game vs city last year was huge and city brushed them aside like a mere inconvenience rather than a title challenge, expect the same this year 

We are going to have a massive say in this title race with Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool all to play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has been labelled a flop in some parts of German media with claims he is slowing Bayern down

I find that surprising. I’m not following the Bundesliga too closely but I listen to a couple of podcasts that cover it fairly closely (Totally Football Show and Stadio, which is based in Germany) who seem to suggest that Kane & Musiala are carrying Bayern this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Hopefully they don't lose at Spurs for our sake. Think they'll win at Man. United aswell.

City have their number but last year it was Rob Holding v Haaland so Saliba out there will even the match ups out.

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

I find that surprising. I’m not following the Bundesliga too closely but I listen to a couple of podcasts that cover it fairly closely (Totally Football Show and Stadio, which is based in Germany) who seem to suggest that Kane & Musiala are carrying Bayern this season. 

From what I've seen they 100% are with a bit of muller cheerleading thrown in 

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

We are going to have a massive say in this title race with Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool all to play. 

Yep, and Spurs have all three in a row during April

29 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The "awful" comes comparatively from historical expectations and the "legend" -- that's why. It's bollocks, but their supporters and their haters and the media have totally internalized the hype. On the face of it, they've have a pretty good if dogged campaign whilst facing loads of big injuries and failed signings. If they weren't United, we would be talking about their "grinding out wins" and "character."

Respectfully I disagree. They are dog shit. They have absolutely no plan or style and concede chances non stop. They have had a turgid campaign and are the lowest goal scorers in the top 12. Their manager is a dead man walking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They won't loose at Man U and I wouldn't expect them to loose at spurs either. Arsenal have already beaten city twice this season. 

20 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

At this point last season arsenal were 5 points ahead at the top.

They won't win it. Man City will. 

You are probably right but I think there's more resilience about them this season. I know people don't rate Rice but he makes a huge difference in their title run In imo 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

You are probably right but I think there's more resilience about them this season. I know people don't rate Rice but he makes a huge difference in their title run In imo 

I rate him extremely highly. He even seems quicker than at West Ham but i guess thats because he doesnt need to cover backwards nearly as much so has more energy

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It was either thr Leverkusen or Lazio first leg game some ex players were calling him the statue

Goals were shared around last season and Kane coming in has changed the style and focus and Bayern gone backwards

• Like 1

Â