• Cash (Torres 45)
    • McGinn (Diaby 63)
    • Bailey (Rogers 63)
    • Zaniolo (Iroegbunam 74)
    • Moreno (Digne 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/24 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Fair dues to the AJAX fans. They managed to get a nice atmosphere going in their "soulless bowl". As per usual.

It’s a great looking stadium. Surprised it only holds 55k. Seems bigger.

Well that was a bloody awful watch. 

We should appeal Konsa's red card - the foul was ON him, he was dragged to the ground! 

Ref should be sacked. 

5 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Ajax doing a lap of honour! LOL, what a bunch of dicks.

Not really , they were thanking their fans for their superb backing in the last 10 minutes. I can’t imagine Villa Park sounding like that when we are 0-0 with a few minutes to go.

• Like 1

Too many people underestimating Ajax, they've only lost two of their last fifteen, and have good home record, and as a club they have massive experience in Europe, to go there and get a draw is a good result, as Emery said, we lost to Legia Warszawa, and could only draw with Zrinjski, we also need a last minute winner to beat them in the first game, no games are easy in this competition

The game plan worked, we kept it tight, we were able to rest some players, not completely, but they didn't have to play as much as they might have done, and we also played in such a way that conserved energy, wasn't good to watch, but it did the job, of course would have been nice to snatch a goal or two, but we weren't good in possession

I would have taken a draw beforehand, and now we're strong favorites at home

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am I right in thinking away goals don't count any more?

I wonder how much that factors in to the grand plan of Unai. 

Means less risk to try and win at home and less need to push for an away goal.

Decent result from what was overall a dire game. One shot on target from both sides. Ref was absolutely shocking and out of his depth.

Overall though I think we'll be the happier and be confident of finishing the job at a rocking VP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Really poor - the wrong attitude to the game right from the off - we looked like we wanted to keep a clean sheet and win it 1-0, like we were playing Milan or something - we then carried out that plan poorly, we were sloppy and we played some awful stuff in possession. A terrible ref didn't help us either. 

We should have gone for these from the opening whistle and looked to score three or four - we've shown them far, far too much respect and ended up creating a second leg where we have to turn up, pick a strong side and work hard if we want to win it.

Spurs is a big game, and we did the right thing in weakening for this game, but losing Konsa makes it more difficult for us to do that in the second leg and West Ham is a game that's very, very difficult. Torres doesn't seem to have 90 minutes in him, let alone twice in a week, so if he plays against Spurs it'll be Lenglet/Carlos or Lenglet/Chambers for the second leg of this one - we really could have done with a cushion here.

Lose at West Ham and drop out of Champions league qualification and you can pin it on this performance, the approach and the attitude tonight - I'm really disappointed with it.

Yeah, to summarize your post, half arsed.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well that was a bloody awful watch. 

We should appeal Konsa's red card - the foul was ON him, he was dragged to the ground! 

Ref should be sacked. 

2nd yellow so we won't be able to 😕

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Apparently they do this after every home game. I also thought it was a bit small time if they just thought this was such a big event that they should do one, but nope, just a cool gesture to their fans after every game. I kind of like it in that light

In that context, that seems quite nice.

Small time would be doing a lap of honour after winning the toss.

Our performances in this competition have mainly been pretty poor bar Hibs away and AZ away. Unai is all about conserving the energy for the weekend and playing pedestrian. It’s only worth it if we actually win at the weekend.

6 minutes ago, YLN said:

You can't win a tie in the first leg but you can lose it. So 0-0 is fine

Logically, if one of the teams has lost the tie in the first leg, how can the other side not have won it?

• Haha 4

Â