limpid

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Rodgers is so much better than Zaniolo.

Nah, Zaniolo is going to come good literally any minute now. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thought we looked really good - sharp, incisive and controlled - we maybe dropped off a bit in the last couple of minutes of the half and that's something to keep on top of, but we've not given them anything and created loads of chances - Rodgers, Ramsey, Luiz and Watkins himself could all have put another of those chances away - Watkins has looked sharp as a tack, the header was good, the control and finish for the second better, and the ball from Doug, landed on his toe, was an absolute beauty.

Ref has been fine but for his Mengi sized blind spot - I make it nine times that Mengi has pulled back Watkins from behind - the ref has given four of those and not looked like he's even considered the potential for a yellow card on any of them. We'll need to be a bit careful with Doug and Leon.

Start the second half well, don't let them have a sniff and a third goal should come.

I think it was pointed out that it was four or five times (that he'd given a free-kick) and he just shock his head and waved it away.

• Like 1

Surely the lino should have spotted the shirt pull on Lenglet before Doug got booked for barely touching their player.  It's the small things like that which piss me off.

Rogers looks class so far.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Only Haaland has scored more goals  but Toney will go to Germany yeah??

Henderson will be back up striker for Kane

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Another ACL then with Ramsey i suspect

Huh? It was clearly his foot that was injured

Doing what we are good at far brtter than they are doing what they are good at. Ollir taking advsntage of their makeshift defence wirh an absolute genius of a centre forward performance  . 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely the lino should have spotted the shirt pull on Lenglet before Doug got booked for barely touching their player.  It's the small things like that which piss me off.

Rogers looks class so far.

Dougie got booked for kicking the ball in dissent 

Our movement has been fantastic, we're so organised, our shape is so good and we make space so well - Luton are really struggling to cope with that, they're set up to put pressure on and stay tight but we've got men popping up all over the place - the threat of Ollie over the top makes it so difficult for teams to push up against us.

I have a feeling our manager is quite good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The first pass from Rodgers to Ollie was stunning - unfortunately Ollie moved a bit too soon and was offside.  It would have rivalled Dougie's wonder pass for assist of the season had Ollie put it away.  Very encouraging signs.  Brought a top class save out of their keeper with a great shot too.  A couple of inches further to the right and it would have been unstoppable.

We've been helped a lot that half by Mengi being their only fit CB, and them playing a system in which he gets too close to Ollie, giving us an easy out ball from their press. 

The main thing today is that they don't really have many options to change things, so if we play sensibly - and don't get anyone sent off - then we should be fine. In the spirit of not getting anyone sent off, I might be tempted to replace Bailey with Diaby soon, as the former took that blow to the back and we could do with the latter being more match sharp as we get into the more crowded end of the season.