Match Thread: Luton v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This.

Yes, we’re playing reasonably well but my god, they’re dreadful. The amount of space and time our players have.

GD is important. Win first, yes, but it would be nice to get a couple more here if possible.

I want five, I get a special treat if we get five 😋

Edited by rjw63
keenan type awful typo, shameful
  • Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Thought we looked really good - sharp, incisive and controlled - we maybe dropped off a bit in the last couple of minutes of the half and that's something to keep on top of, but we've not given them anything and created loads of chances - Rodgers, Ramsey, Luiz and Watkins himself could all have put another of those chances away - Watkins has looked sharp as a tack, the header was good, the control and finish for the second better, and the ball from Doug, landed on his toe, was an absolute beauty.

Ref has been fine but for his Mengi sized blind spot - I make it nine times that Mengi has pulled back Watkins from behind - the ref has given four of those and not looked like he's even considered the potential for a yellow card on any of them. We'll need to be a bit careful with Doug and Leon.

Start the second half well, don't let them have a sniff and a third goal should come.

• Like 1

I’m not sure how it’s only 2-0.  I’d like to see Ollie complete his hat trick and Rogers get one.  

• Like 3

Watkins 10/10 incredible first half from him. We controlled the half and they never had a lookin.until that useless Oliver kept giving them an helping hand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Just catching up, what's happened to Ramsey? Anything serious 

He walked off and didn't look serious, but with the luck he has had this season he will probably spend the next 2 months in a splint.

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The nobs who sits next to me in the upper holte still think he’s overrated. 

How's the game looking over there?

Just now, AVTuco said:

How's the game looking over there?

We're away at Luton:crylaugh:

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

Just catching up, what's happened to Ramsey? Anything serious 

Looks like a reoccurrence of the foot injury he has been plagued with all season.

Ollie is on a mission today. By at or best player on the pitch first half. Superb.

Get a third and this is bad for them. Do they go for a goal now or stop us. They're beaten no matter I think as Ollie is a man on a mission today.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In general I'd agree but mengi on Ollie is a bit much, he's all over him 

It’s been baffling to see Mengi grabbing Ollie by the neck and shoulders and still no booking. The lack of protection Ollie gets is an issue and not a conspiracy.

Oliver got the other bookings correct though.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I want five, I get a special treat if we get five 😋

Screenshot_20240207_134250_X.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2