Europa Conference League Draw - Round of 16

alreadyexists

Top comment on the Ajax subereddit 

As was said this morning on the pak scale podcast; If we continue like this, it will end against whoever in the next round anyway, so better against Villa! :D

42 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Name your bet. I 💯 guarantee you spurs at home is the key game for him. 

I'm not debating the fact that it will be a key game. I'm debating the fact you said its our most important one in 40 years. 

Two very different things. 

Yes, he may well prioritise that game, but it doesn't mean he's writing off Ajax. He'll rotate one or very maybe two players. Hardly throwing in the towel.

Fact is we don't have more than 4 players available to rotate anyway, so he'll be going strong in both. 

Please tell me where I said he wasn't prioritising the league.

Edited by MrBlack

47 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Here’s what’s going to happen in those two weeks:

Luton Away

Ajax away 

spurs home 

Ajax home

west ham away 

Thats a brutal run and we are not at full strength. Hopefully we win every game, but we all know that we won’t. 

Guess what, we’ll possibly have an even tougher opponent than Ajax on either side of a trip to the Emirates in April If we make the 1/4 finals. You just have to get on with it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

WTF, so essentially opens the door to a team playing away first just playing for a 0-0? Not smart.

Good for us though as we can play nice and slow in the first leg and then ramp it up in the second leg.

52 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Here’s what’s going to happen in those two weeks:

Luton Away

Ajax away 

spurs home 

Ajax home

west ham away 

Thats a brutal run and we are not at full strength. Hopefully we win every game, but we all know that we won’t. 

That's no different to the runs of games we had in November and December. And we won most of those games.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

That's no different to the runs of games we had in November and December. And we won most of those games.

I think we play better playing three times a week

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, turvontour said:

And what happened after that run of games? Yes, everyone got injured and we had our worst run of the season. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It was the exact same attitude from the same poster in regards to the FA Cup. How we should play the kids because top 4 is paramount. You qualify for competitions or enter them to essentially compete in them. We're a big enough club to set our bar at an achievable level, we are now competing on two fronts, which, for me personally, is great. If at the end of the season we win a trophy, then, what's not to like? All successful teams make winning a habit, just watch Liverpool's passion in the Carabao Cup final. This "we can't have one without the other" mentality is a distinct lack of belief in the progress of this team. 

It may well be a rollercoaster of emotions along the way, but, whatever the outcome, we have had one of the best seasons in a very long time.

Keep the faith, in Unai we trust. 

You clearly don’t trust in Unai because he blatantly didn’t give a shit about the FA Cup. 

whenever we have the european games there would be a lot of fixtures, the other sides is a fairly middling array of sides, I mean, we were unlikely to have a run of teams as crap as sheffield united or barnsley, and spurs aside we're not playing any sides in the top 7/8?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Good for us though as we can play nice and slow in the first leg and then ramp it up in the second leg.

Yeah deffo, I think it's a bigger advantage to play away first now than it was. Like if you were say an anti football catenaccio master, you could just go and say "no football today chaps" and get a 0-0, then at home you go for it with home advantage. Any way you nullify the away leg means there's more pressure on the team playing away second to actually try and score. Which means they'll be more open. We aren't going to try and kill the game the old school Italian style, but we could try and just knock it around the back 4, emi and the DMs for 90 minutes for a very similar end result. 

At least with the away goals there was an incentive for the side playing away first to score, because if you concede at home in the second leg and you haven't scored you absolutely have to win on the night...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If we can’t beat these over two legs we have no right to be in the competition. Ajax are a big name but would be bottom half in the prem

That's the same for every other team in the competition (or worse) 

Edited by villa89

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

And what happened after that run of games? Yes, everyone got injured and we had our worst run of the season. 

out of interest why are you so desperate to qualify for the CL when you're just going to bitch and moan that we have real madrid or PSG 3 days before a PL game?

• Like 3