Europa Conference League Draw - Round of 16

alreadyexists

Ajax were unseeded for a reason. Probably the best draw in terms of location we could have hoped for. Stick a good team out, smash them at their place and then we can take it easy in the second leg. Job done. 

27 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Ajax Thursday....Spurs Sunday........................................Its almost like we didnt play Man City on the Wednesday night and beat them and followed it up on the Saturday beating Arsenal

Ajax an hour on a plane, much better than going to Molde for example

Absolutely this. The amount of bedwetting in this thread is embarrassing. Oh no we play 3 games in a week. Just like at points of every single season. How will the squad survive this impossible schedule.

We went out of both cups early. This is European football, we all wanted it. The CL is no different, if we ever get there. **** man up and get used to it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Ajax were unseeded for a reason. Probably the best draw in terms of location we could have hoped for. Stick a good team out, smash them at their place and then we can take it easy in the second leg. Job done. 

And what about the spurs game in between?

16 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Both will be prioritised. It’s the domestic cups that were expendable.

Exactly. Emery said in pre-season that his priorities in order were qualification for Europe via the league, Conference League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup.

He'd at some point prioritise the league, but not in March.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Last time I did something like that, I ended up with a yellow card. 

For the record, they didn't invent total football and there is no mystery as to why Netherlands haven't won a World Cup. They haven't won one because they haven't won a final.

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'The most important game in the last 40 years', you're having a giraffe mate

West Ham away at the end of our first season under Smith in the Premier League, far, far more important, without that point this thread probably doesn't exist.

• Like 4

Can anyone saying it's a tough draw a) name 1 player of theirs without looking it up and b) tell us who of our starting 11 that player replaces were he to play for us?

I'll wait

They're a big name...that's it 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So if we beat spurs we probably will get champions league football. Name me one game bigger than that? And if you genuinely thinking winning a league cup or a championship playoff is bigger go and give your head a wobble. 

Spurs is just another game.  We could lose to Forest and Luton before we play them; or we could beat all 3.  We could mess up Champions League qualification at any point, or we may not.

Personally, I'd rather win the Europa Conference than qualify for the Champions League in any case.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Exactly. Emery said in pre-season that his priorities in order were qualification for Europe via the league, Conference League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup.

He'd at some point prioritise the league, but not in March.

And we will easily get Europa without beating spurs.  We can get the champions league losing to them as well.  Bizarre take to be worrying about who we've drawn in the context of the spurs game. The biggest factors (travel, aggresion of opposition, and quality of away pitch) are actually in our favour

• Like 2

Just now, tomav84 said:

Can anyone saying it's a tough draw a) name 1 player of theirs without looking it up and b) tell us who of our starting 11 that player replaces were he to play for us?

I'll wait

There is clue in the club's official name "Jordan Henderson's Ajax"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I'll wait

Berghuis, Brobbey, Akpom, Taylor, Avila (but only because of this thread, in fairness), Henderson (👀).  I doubt they'd replace any of our starting 11, but they're decent players.  Brobbey has been touted as a good youngster for ages.

Edit:  Didn't Bassey move there too?

Edited by bobzy

And this game v spurs is the playoff game x 10. 

Let me ask you and everyone else on this thread a very simple question. You can either beat spurs to pretty much get the box seat for 4th or beat Ajax to progress into the next round - which one do you choose? 

And please no childish stuff like we can win every game playing basically the same team in all three games within a week. 

Edited by DakotaVilla