Europa Conference League Draw - Round of 16

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Absolutely terrible draw. Those saying what a brilliant draw it is will be the first to complain when we don’t beat spurs. 

It does make the Spurs match and the West Ham match a lot trickier. 

But still... i've never been to a European match and what a first European game to go to!

15 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It's not a hard draw. We are comfortably the best team in this competition and can have no excuses whatsoever if we don't win it.

It’s one of the better teams in the competition.  I agree with you generally but I’d rather have a much weaker team seeing as we have Spurs in between.  It means we will likely have to play first XI rather than a couple of the lesser players in.

5 minutes ago, meregreen said:

That’s the spirit.

Do you really think we can play the same 11 players every single game for the rest of the season and only have Diaby and digne currently as the only reliable rotation options and win both the conference and finish top 4. Some people need to have a serious reality check. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think we are a team that plays better with regular games, the ones after Europe so far we’ve done well in most. Certainly someone like Tielemans seems suited to the no rest. Emery will know how to get us through the games.

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

But still... i've never been to a European match and what a first European game to go to!

Aren't west ham in Europe too?

Ajax Thursday....Spurs Sunday........................................Its almost like we didnt play Man City on the Wednesday night and beat them and followed it up on the Saturday beating Arsenal

Ajax an hour on a plane, much better than going to Molde for example

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Absolutely terrible draw. Those saying what a brilliant draw it is will be the first to complain when we don’t beat spurs. 

Wait to you see the teams we're drawn with in the CL next season.

To to recap the last 7 pages for anyone who cba to read it;

Televised draw was slow and took forever.

We drew Ajax.

No they're, not as good as they used to be.

Yes, they're have having a poor season by their standards. And started season terribly 

Yes, they're playing a lot better the last couple of months since sacking their old manager.

Brighton knocked then out of the Europa League, but back then they were playing poorly. 

If people stopped asking the same question that had been answered on the page before this thread would be about 3 pages long. 

Hey ho.  Happy with Ajax. What's the point in being in Europe if you don't want to play teams like them.

• Like 1

The spurs game is probably the most important game  for us in the last 40 years. If we make the champions league at least we have the chance of building a squad to stay there. In that context the games v Ajax are basically meaningless. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1