Olly

or

Emi

Cash  Lenglet   Pau    Moreno

Dougie  McGinn

Bailey       Ramsey    Diaby

Olly

Either of them should have enough

With no defensive midfielder and limited centre backs, I’d go the opposite of what most have suggested on here, load up with attacking pace, high press, and try and keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible. I’d fancy Lenglet and Pau to deal with aimless balls lumped from deep much better than people running at them. Turns Fulham around and gives them something different to think about….

Martinez

Cash Lenglet Pau Moreno

Luiz Mcginn

Bailey Diaby Rogers

Watkins

Disclaimer- I’m not Unai Emery, this has the potential to be an absolute car crash, however I reckon it’d be a fun watch.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ok, defence may be weakened for now but… we have plenty of attacking talent to pull some form out of and there are goals in this team/squad… maybe we go more attacking for now and just try to tear teams apart 😆

After listening to Unai yesterday I’d be surprised if Tim doesn’t feature. Maybe not from the start but it’s clear he sees him as the Bouba replacement. 

Emi

Cash Lenglet Pau Moreno

McGinn Luiz

Bailey Tielemans Ramsey

Watkins

That leaves Diaby, Rodgers, Digne, KHH, Tim etc from the bench. 

Based on our last two league performances if we play as well in this game then I  can't see anything other than a win for us. We were excellent against Sheff Utd and Man Utd the only difference in the Man Utd game is that we were wasteful with the chances we created as on another day we'd have won that game by a couple of goals at least.

I'm going for a high scoring game 2-4. 

Not sure what we should go with but more and more convinced Mcginn shouldn't play in double pivot. Utv mentioned Tielemans in thst role and he hss got experience so could be. I don't think I'd start both Bailey and diaby. Ramsey should keep hos place and offeres more defensively 

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd like to see Diaby and Bailey start some games together. 

I'm not completely against this,, but I think in order to do that we'd at the very least need Konsa back to give us the additional stability, even then, with Konsa and Digne, it might not work because Digne essentially would be the attacking player on the left so one of Diaby or Bailey would need to play centrally - we'd be looking for one of them to provide the energy in midfield that Ramsey does and I think they're both naturally too attacking for the defensive work.

• Like 1

This will be tough given injuries. Fulham are capable of putting in very good performances at home, and our recent record there is awful.

Given the makeshift defense and centre midfield, the more attacking players are really going to have to step up.

Need to be making right decisions in the final 3rd today, not like against Man U where poor touches, sloppy passes and bad finishing came back to bite us.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Gung ho, we will score more than you. It's the only way with a limited defence.

As much as I would agree, our defence is actually not that different to usual other than Lenglet playing on his weaker side, which few would say is unusual if we were playing two right-footers.

Don't think we need to change the way we play other than Dougie playing the Kamara role and McGinn being slightly less free.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Based on our last two league performances if we play as well in this game then I  can't see anything other than a win for us. We were excellent against Sheff Utd and Man Utd the only difference in the Man Utd game is that we were wasteful with the chances we created as on another day we'd have won that game by a couple of goals at least.

I'm going for a high scoring game 2-4. 

It worries me though, that these performances can quite easily dissappear from game to game for some reason.

I think mcginn will start in the 6 role and Iroebunam will probably come on around 70 minutes mark if we need mcginn further forward. Most likely will be lenglet and Pau in defence as Chambers hasn't played any minutes for 4 months.

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think mcginn will start in the 6 role and Iroebunam will probably come on around 70 minutes mark if we need mcginn further forward. Most likely will be lenglet and Pau in defence as Chambers hasn't played any minutes for 4 months.

Hasn't played for 4 months and no doubt suffering from bench sores.

The negative move is McGinn to defensive midfield ..... the positive move is to bring Iroegbunam in and leave McGinn in the #10 role. I really pray Emery makes the right move here as it could prove season defining. Now is the TIMe !

Edited by Paul33

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

The negative move is McGinn to defensive midfield ..... the positive move is to bring Iroegbunam in and leave McGinn in the #10 role. I really pray Emery makes the right move here as it could prove season defining. 

I think we might need to do both in order to protect the back two - with both full backs naturally attacking players, we'll need a holding midfielder and one of the others to play with a lot more caution than they usually would.