Match Thread: FAC4R: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Just now, stewiek2 said:

As crap as we've been those 2 goals were really their only chances and we missed 4 chances I'd expect our players to do better with.

Not out of this. Yet 

Yeah it's just one of those very end to end games where both sides were too open. They scored first, then we were keen to get back into it quickly and they got a 2nd. 

Feels an isolated game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Not sure who’s had the worst first half, the players or the fans ? Who is  supposed to get who going ? In my opinion both have been utter crap. 

I’m the first to criticise the atmosphere at Villa park but things started off brightly then rapidly went down hill fast. Not surprised the fans are deflated . Hopefully things will ramp up. 

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yeah it's just one of those very end to end games where both sides were too open. They scored first, then we were keen to get back into it quickly and they got a 2nd. 

Feels an isolated game. 

As poor as that half is it won’t define our season 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"bottlers" 

Worst word in football 

It’s up there with “losers” which everyone looooves to through around on this match thread since someone I can’t remember once described the Villa mentality as that. It’s so edgy and cutting and original. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I know we don't have lots of options but this is two consecutive awful home games where he hasn't made a change at HT. 

Surely that doesn't send out a good message. 

We have proved time an time again, we have only 1 first team, the rest couldn't  change a sock unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

One plus I take from these kind of games. Emery looks pissed, a few players will find themselves shipped out this summer if the play like this regularly.

Hopefully one of them is Cash 👌🏼👌🏼