Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

He’s 6ft. If that’s not “that tall” then McGinn, Tielemans and Luiz are surely badgered. The rest of your post is quite frankly equally fictitious. 

He’s had injuries over the last two years granted but still played 50 percent + of league games in each season and had no history before that. 

12 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He’s 6ft. If that’s not “that tall” then McGinn, Tielemans and Luiz are surely badgered. The rest of your post is quite frankly equally fictitious. 

He’s had injuries over the last two years granted but still played 50 percent + of league games in each season and had no history before that. 

They aren't defensive midfielders and are good on the ball. Ndidi is not good on the ball. And yes them being 5'10 and below is why you need a real aerial presence at the base of midfield.

Ndidi didn't miss any games through notable injury in 22/23 but he missed 22 games last year, 20 games in 21/22 and 21 games in 20/21. That matters. If you are purely a backup player reliability is very very important. 

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Basically you want us to be linked with “big” or “superstar” names because we are in the Champions League. It’s slightly reminiscent of a spoilt kid in a toy shop.

Not necessarily big names but players that i would consider to be in the next batch of breakout talented key players huge difference.

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Only way this happens is with a loan, as PSG are reluctant to sell. 

Monchi you will no longer be doubted if you pull this off 🤣

Matheus Nunes anyone ? Talented player just lost and pushed to the side at City, personally i feel he would be a fantastic signing for us. Also fills in many of the CM roles we are happy to see an addition for👏🏽

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think it’s a bit early with this mate.  We signed Rogers, Gauci and Ned the right back who are all young brought in Jan.  This is his first full summer imo because he was very new to the party the early part of the last summer window, so now he’s settled let’s see what he can do before we discuss the above view.  He maybe crap, or maybe great but Emery trusts him and they’ve had great success together and all I here is great things about Monchi from before he came here.

Yeah certainly not slandering his name, just cautious with what ive seen. I hope we can do some proper business for players that will propel us forward. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Matheus Nunes anyone ? Talented player just lost and pushed to the side at City, personally i feel he would be a fantastic signing for us. Also fills in many of the CM roles we are happy to see an addition for👏🏽

Yes but no I cannot see it … 

Hudson-Odoi is a good player, better than most of the Championship wingers that have been suggested, and have to remember if we're going to sign a right footed left winger, they're most likely going to be more of a bench option, because they aren't displacing Ramsey as a starter, because if you drop Ramsey for a winger, you then have to drop Bailey on the other side for a midfielder, because Emery usually plays with one winger and one wide midfielder, he actually plays a lot with two wide midfielders when everyone is fit, which is why I've also thought Nico Williams is unlikely, and winger we sign will more liklely be a squad option, Hudson-Odoi would probably represent something approaching the upper limits we could attract for such a role

But I would gladly take Philogene back instead, and I think that would make an whole lot of sense, if we've somehow messed up and don't have a buyback, then let them have Archer as part of the deal

Would actually take Chukwuemeka back the more i think about it, if we really are in talks with them over some possible deals, presuming his injuries haven't completely wrecked him, could play on the left, in central midfield in Dougie role, or a little further forward centrally, and I presume would help with the home grown, academy grown status things, but I doubt Chelsea would let him go

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Hudson-Odoi is a good player, better than most of the Championship wingers that have been suggested, and have to remember if we're going to sign a right footed left winger, they're most likely going to be more of a bench option, because they aren't displacing Ramsey as a starter, because if you drop Ramsey for a winger, you then have to drop Bailey on the other side for a midfielder, because Emery usually plays with one winger and one wide midfielder, he actually plays a lot with two wide midfielders when everyone is fit, which is why I've also thought Nico Williams is unlikely, and winger we sign will more liklely be a squad option, Hudson-Odoi would probably represent something approaching the upper limits we could attract for such a role

But I would gladly take Philogene back instead, and I think that would make an whole lot of sense, if we've somehow messed up and don't have a buyback, then let them have Archer as part of the deal

Would actually take Chukwuemeka back the more i think about it, if we really are in talks with them over some possible deals, presuming his injuries haven't completely wrecked him, could play on the left, in central midfield in Dougie role, or a little further forward centrally, and I presume would help with the home grown, academy grown status things, but I doubt Chelsea would let him go

I'm not sure we really need wingers, especially on the left if we have Ramsey, Buendia and Rogers, plus having more cover in central midfield means McGinn could go wide.  It would be quite low on my priorities anyway.

• Like 1

Â