Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

28 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We all say we need to sign a DM when really we need one of our best players back fit. We all know how good Kamara is without even needing the data. We shouldn't just make a rash signing because he's out for half of next season. 

I would prefer a Loan to fill the position or if Emery can plan a tactical approach to mitigate. I'd rather Emery sign the players he wants in the squad and how we balance injuries with the squad. 

For sure, it doesn't matter how we fill the position, loan or signing (if the right player is available), but we all know that we need better squad depth. We can't spend half a season compromising our midfield by putting players in that position when it wrecks their game, and they are not all that effective there.  

when is this vote coming on our proposal to increase the PSR limit to 135m from 110m for next season?

If that got approved, thats a fair bit of wiggle room?

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

when is this vote coming on our proposal to increase the PSR limit to 135m from 110m for next season?

If that got approved, thats a fair bit of wiggle room?

It has 0 chances of getting approved. It's pretty much only us and Chelsea who are for it.

We might get support of few other teams, but you need 14 to approve. Not happening.

12 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It has 0 chances of getting approved. It's pretty much only us and Chelsea who are for it.

We might get support of few other teams, but you need 14 to approve. Not happening.

hmm, i would have thought most would be for it tbh, as it gives all teams more flexibility.

If not though, pity.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

hmm, i would have thought most would be for it tbh, as it gives all teams more flexibility.

If not though, pity.

Most teams are not in danger of exceeding £105m, and certainly their owners wouldn't have the appetite to cover additional £30m of losses from their own pockets! 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Truth be told, I don’t know how either jokes started. 

According to some, Ndidi is a midget…

5 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

In his last 1874 podcast. Basically more or less said it was going to happen. 

Should he really be sharing or revealing that information?

Just now, Jas10 said:

According to some, Ndidi is a midget…

I’ve noticed. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is taller than Boubs. 

in most cases, I generally don’t think hight matters for a lot of modern day DMs. 

it’s the reading the game, mobility and winning the ball back is key now days. The giant destroyer taking chunks out of players era either is long gone or just a myth. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’ve noticed. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is taller than Boubs. 

in most cases, I generally don’t think hight matters for a lot of modern day DMs. 

it’s the reading the game, mobility and winning the ball back is key now days. The giant destroyer taking chunks out of players era either is long gone or just a myth. 

Yeah, basically the same job Bouba does. Intercept, carry, lay it off or pass it forwards.

But if you can add height and strength to that, all the better. Some aerial presence and physicality helps but not at the cost of technical ability. 

Composure and ability under pressure is most important.

Personally, it’s always bothered me (in the past) how easily we’ve been dominated and overpowered in midfield battles… but we’ve largely overcome that with technique now rather than brute force. Never seen a Villa side pass and keep the ball as well as we do now under Unai.

Need a certain amount of aggression and tenacity though (McGinn usually brings it), the right mentality to battle and compete. Some technical players can be too relaxed and idle and lack that winning mentality or “fight”. Especially when it comes to the defensive side… cannot just attack all the time.

Need some height and aerial presence to stop conceding cheaply from set pieces, can’t afford to be so leaky next season.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Sky Sports News is linking Hudson Odoi to a “unnamed English champions league club”

Could be us, but do we need him, or even want him? 

Have Philogene back if that's the best we're linked with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sky Sports News is linking Hudson Odoi to a “unnamed English champions league club”

Could be us, but do we need him, or even want him? 

Odoi'nt know

• Haha 1

Â