Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Daulmakan said:

After today's final, Leverkusen's players' stock dropped dramatically. What a terrible occasion to have a collective bad day. And I agree with you, Lookman was the MVP, but Ederson absolutely ruled the midfield.

Ederson was immense

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Tbf this the first game they have lost all season

I don't think he's solely referring to the defeat, Frimpong played as a right forward (sometimes as false 9) most of the game, having Stanisic behind him as the right back/midfielder.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ederson was immense

Really good player. The likes of Spurs and Newcastle have been looking at him apparently. 

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Lets just sign the whole Atlanta team. Leverkusen is yesterdays news.

Just came on to say similar.

Not going to pretend as if I've watched loads of them, but they seem to have really put teams to the sword.

Being linked with two ghana youngsters the main link is aziz masibau who is compared to didier drogba and who plays for dreams fc. 1.2m is the fee and celtic are after him too.

The other is emmanuel agyei.

• Like 2

I’d have a clear out in defence.

Sell Cash, Carlos, Digne AND Moreno. Buy Dumfries and Maatsen as new attacking full backs, Hermoso on a free for the experienced hybrid left/centre back role, and a young centre back/right back hybrid (Geertruida). Three of them Dutch too so their English is likely to be very good.

Could rotate between Geertruida, Konsa and Dumfries for right back and centre back and Hermoso and Maatsen for left back. All those players have experience in the Champions League too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Sell Cash, Carlos, Digne AND Moreno. Buy Dumfries and Maatsen as new attacking full backs, Hermoso on a free for the experienced hybrid left/centre back role, and a young centre back/right back hybrid (Geertruida). Three of them Dutch too so their English is likely to be very good.

Could rotate between Geertruida, Konsa and Dumfries for right back and centre back and Hermoso and Maatsen for left back. All those players have experience in the Champions League too. 

Maatsen desperately wants to stay at Dortmund and Dortmund have made him their top target. They are still a bit apart in agreeing a fee but very much expect them to resolve that…he isn’t coming here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maatsen desperately wants to stay at Dortmund and Dortmund have made him their top target. They are still a bit apart in agreeing a fee but very much expect them to resolve that…he isn’t coming here.

These are just examples (I thought you would have understood that), feel free to add in similar types of players you think we can sign rather than just saying X player won’t sign for us. Geertruida may end up at Liverpool with Slot, maybe we should rule him out too. But these are all hypotheticals as you well know.

And Maatsen hasn’t signed for anyone yet and is clearly available which is why I listed him. It wouldn’t be the first time someone went out on loan and ended up somewhere else. Especially as Dortmund will also likely try to sign Sancho and we have no idea if they can afford both.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

And teams magically just appear with loads of money to buy these platers you don't want now and take on their wages right?

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

And teams magically just appear with loads of money to buy these platers you don't want now and take on their wages right?

Most of them have been regular starters for a side that finished 4th so yes I expect we will find buyers. Saudi were interested in Digne last summer and Carlos has been on the radar of Milan. Cash is at his peak and I’d expect quite a few teams to have interest.

If you don’t agree then fair enough explain why but I don’t really expect much of a reasoned response from you to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Most of them have been regular starters for a side that finished 4th so yes I expect we will find buyers. Saudi were interested in Digne last summer and Carlos has been on the radar of Milan. Cash is at his peak and I’d expect quite a few teams to have interest.

If you don’t agree then fair enough explain why but I don’t really expect much of a reasoned response from you to be honest.

Shots fired. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Being linked with two ghana youngsters the main link is aziz masibau who is compared to didier drogba and who plays for dreams fc. 1.2m is the fee and celtic are after him too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah I have just seen an article in the Birmingham Mail about that, hopefully our links via V Sports can pull some strings and secure these players if they are decent.

Villa and Celtic tussle for the next Didier Drogba

Aston Villa are reportedly chasing the signature of Ghanaian forward Aziz Musibau, who at 17-years-old is already being likened to Chelsea great Didier Drogba.

As well as strengthening for the Premier League and Champions League campaigns ahead, Villa have the opportunity to use their newfound pulling power to attract the stars of tomorrow to the West Midlands. According to the Mail Online, their first target is believed to be on the African continent - a teenager plying his trade at senior club level and three years above his age group for his country.

The striker is even said to be considered to lead the line for his nation's senior team in FIFA World Cup 2026 qualification. This would throw him into a star-studded group alongside West Ham's Mohammed Kudus, Crystal Palace's Jordan Ayew and Lyon's Ernest Nuamah.

Also reported in the article further down the page is the DM Agyei:-

Dreams FC are recognised for their production of talent, and so the big European clubs are now reportedly eyeing the progress of a number of their players.

The report states that Villa, Serie A champions Inter Milan, Scottish champions Celtic and other unnamed Premier League teams are all in for £1.2m-rated Musibau, whilst his defensive midfield team-mate Emmanuel Agyei, 19, is named as another in the Dreams set-up linked with a £750,000 transfer - this time to either Inter or Tottenham Hotspur.

• Like 3

Â