Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

Liverpool got Macca for an absolute bargain. IIRC most of their premiums have come exclusively from swindling Chelsea, heh (Caicedo, Sanchez, Cucurella, Potter).

Couldn't hurt to ask.

It couldn’t hurt to ask and if we desperately wanted him then his price now would be lower than last summer.

id imagine it’s 60m plus though tbh

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

That was because he had a release clause, otherwise they get premium.

It was a Champions League release clause. It's how City got the likes of Julian Alvarez so cheap too.

• Like 1

I think there’s a load of talent over in Holland as I’d take a few players from the likes of PSV, Feyenoord, AZ and Ajax. 

I was all for us getting Geertruida but I think I’d actually prefer us to go for Jordan Teze at PSV.  Whilst there also pick up assist king Joey Veerman. I’ve always sung Bakayoko praises too but I think we’re stacked for left footers out right. On the other side though the American Malik Tilman might be a decent cheap pick up  

Wieffer at Feyenoord would get my vote for the DM role here, as would Pavlidis at AZ for the ST role too. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno but the lad taking a piss is:

spacer.png

Think Roger’s should try and do this for all Villa content, just appear, randomly in the background looking like he’s having a slash. New signing photoshoot, there he is. It could be a new Villa/Rogers themed where’s wally

It was Roger’s taking a piss wasn’t it?

Edited by burchy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, burchy said:

Think Roger’s should try and do this for all Villa content, just appear, randomly in the background looking like he’s having a slash. New signing photoshoot, there he is. It could be a new Villa/Rogers themed where’s wally

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Who are these guys lol

Na, it’s not Rogers.

Guy in the foreground is Montano, the Colombian kid, been training with the youngsters… dunno if he’s going to be or has signed permanently.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Na, it’s not Rogers.

Guy in the foreground is Montano, the Colombian kid, been training with the youngsters… dunno if he’s going to be or has signed permanently.

Pretty sure it was confirmed he was joining

21 minutes ago, burchy said:

Mate… that’s not highlights in his hair, they’re branches or twigs 😂😂😂

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It was a Champions League release clause. It's how City got the likes of Julian Alvarez so cheap too.

Nope, that wasn't it. Riber sold Julián Álvarez a tad cheaper (€21,5M) than the release clause ($25€) because they agreed to leave him there for another year and pay Riber an extra €1,5M as a buyback clause.

Clubs in Argentina usually don't give a farck if the buyer club offers Champions League to the player. We're already handicapped as it is. Rather than allow a lower fee for Champions League clubs, we'll add extra charges as objectives instead.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Remember tariq lamptey tearing us a new one down our left during lockdown. Lightning quick. 

Wonder if he would fancy a move to a CL club ?

Edited by mottaloo

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It couldn’t hurt to ask and if we desperately wanted him then his price now would be lower than last summer.

id imagine it’s 60m plus though tbh

Already got Mitoma's replacement in Adingra.

His second half of the season was a write off so I think they'll keep him for another year and then sell him.

Was just thinking though...a player there who did really well when he first joined was Pervis Estupinan. Had a tougher last season with injuries and loss of form but he's still pretty young and they've got Barco in who will probably be ready to start in about six months.

He was also excellent at Villareal the year they got to the CL SFs under Unai.

Need to get a younger LB in sooner or later.

It pitted Roberto De Zerbi’s side against that managed by Unai Emery, who guided Estupinan at Villarreal.

Those two were key figures for Estupinan along with Graham Potter, who brought him to England.

He said: “I am always grateful for that Unai Emery taught me.

“I gave him a hug after our last game.

“He thanked me for my professionalism at Villarreal and I thanked him for what he taught me at that time.”

Pervis Estupinan on De Zerbi, Emery and a taste of Ecuador | The Argus

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Already got Mitoma's replacement in Adingra.

His second half of the season was a write off so I think they'll keep him for another year and then sell him.

Was just thinking though...a player there who did really well when he first joined was Pervis Estupinan. Had a tougher last season with injuries and loss of form but he's still pretty young and they've got Barco in who will probably be ready to start in about six months.

He was also excellent at Villareal the year they got to the CL SFs under Unai.

Need to get a younger LB in sooner or later.

Estupinan is a great player.

Not sure i would want him now though, as he would cost too much, but they bought him for 17m or something, as i have said before, we need to be buying these players before they become 60/70/80m players, we need to get them when they were 5/10/15m etc.

Same for players like Mitoma, Olise, Eze, Bowen, Maddison, Wharton, Scott etc etc.

(like we have done with Rogers......hopefully)

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Any offers for the deadwood like Dendoncker, Chambers, Cash and Buendia yet?

Cash just finished a long season in which he was a regular starter. He might be sold, but it feels wrong to call him deadwood. He's got a great attitude and is well liked at the club. 

If Buendia is deadwood as you say, surely Mings is too? Fact is, neither are. Not yet anyway.

I heard Donk to Everton, we'll see. I wonder if any of the promoted sides have interest in Donk, Chambers, Archer, et al.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Remember tariq lamptey tearing us a new one down our right during lockdown. Lightning quick. 

Wonder if he would fancy a move to a CL club ?

I think his speed (thus most of his game?) has been decimated by all the injuries he's had in the past years. Check his minutes played last 3 seasons:

913 (10 full 90' games)

438 (4 full games)

1556 (17 full games)

That's just another injury waiting to happen. Only worth rolling the dice as a FA on low wages IMO.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Mate… that’s not highlights in his hair, they’re branches or twigs 😂😂😂

I’d better go to SpecSavers 😂

• Haha 1

I know we’re a bit tied with FFP/PSR but wonder if the fine tuning Emery and Monchi have been doing since taking over will give way to a more proactive recruitment drive.

I only say this as a lot of the players here he inherited. 

Â