Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

51 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

May be a brain wave or brain fart, not sure yet but what are people's thoughts on a bid for Kaoro Mitoma from Brighton?

Was injured so hasn't had the hype recently but plays left wing, is young, quick, knows the PL and will also help shift shirts from a Business perspective

Problem is that they don’t sell their players cheap, they always get a premium.  Very interesting player but over paying may not be in our playbook.

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

May be a brain wave or brain fart, not sure yet but what are people's thoughts on a bid for Kaoro Mitoma from Brighton?

Was injured so hasn't had the hype recently but plays left wing, is young, quick, knows the PL and will also help shift shirts from a Business perspective

That position would be lower on my priority list than both full backs and a better option/cover in midfield - but no doubt Mitoma is a great player. It’s Brighton, though, so he’d cost £573,000,000.

Posted (edited)

Its gonna be a slow painful window with the euros coming up isnt it guys 😤 all we’ll be doing is speculating for weeks.

Need some exciting names at least to keep me going other barkley and gallagher ffs 🤣

Edited by RicRic
  • Confused 1

Mcginn, Bailey and Watkins cannot be moved out their position i think any of them can play for any of top four clubs (see what i did there 😆) we build around those guys this summer with superior quality, 

Bellanova isn’t looking like hes good enough for me but i could easily be wrong and im looking for someone who is a significant upgrade on Cash and its not clear that he is. Emery can work magic of course. 

Someone mentioned Xavi Simmons theres no way we manage to sign him but he would go straight into our team, we need a martinelli type player on that left side dangerous and consistent, eventually rogers may hit that level but not for now. An experienced CM to battle Luiz would be fantastic also. 

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Mcginn, Bailey and Watkins cannot be moved out their position i think any of them can play for any of top four clubs (see what i did there 😆) we build around those guys this summer with superior quality, 

Bellanova isn’t looking like hes good enough for me but i could easily be wrong and im looking for someone who is a significant upgrade on Cash and its not clear that he is. Emery can work magic of course. 

Someone mentioned Xavi Simmons theres no way we manage to sign him but he would go straight into our team, we need a martinelli type player on that left side dangerous and consistent, eventually rogers may hit that level but not for now. An experienced CM to battle Luiz would be fantastic also. 

Just from the articles I see, Simons is supposedly available for another loan as PSG don't yet want let him go. I personally think we'll try to utilise the loan market again but will only see these deals later in the window.

In terms of our DM position, if we can't get a promising young player like Ugarte, I'd be keen on signing a physically imposing experienced player like Danilo (PSG), Kondogbia (OM), Witsel (Ath Madrid) just to give some balance to the younger/smaller CMs we have.

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's available on a free transfer this summer.

Exactly. I just feel having some experience & physicality would help us in the CL particularly and to close out games instead of sh!tting the bed when we're 2-0 up and then drawing/losing. Currently we bring on Tim or Chambers and that doesn't work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Problem is that they don’t sell their players cheap, they always get a premium.  Very interesting player but over paying may not be in our playbook.

No, that's true. Plus we could arguably get Jack back on loan to do a similar job and spend the money elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

I am convinced that ultimately Rogers will play more centrally - either as a 10 or (eventually) as Watkins' replacement up front.  His physical attributes combined with his workrate, ball skills and match awareness would (I think) make him very dangerous in that position.  He'll be able to bulldoze his way through most tough CBs and cope with the physical side of that central role but at the same time he has the ball skills to nutmug his way through as well.  I agree that a Martinelli type would be very useful too.  I'm not sure that defensively we can cope with Diaby and Bailey in the two wider roles (although they have both improved quite a lot over the course of the season that way) but I suspect if we get the CM position sorted then it's more likely we start with Bailey and McGinn "wide" - although our exact formation is always a little hard to pin down as our players are doing very different things when we have the ball and when we don't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone watched Jack Clarke, the Sunderland version, reminds me of Jack at Villa.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Alonso got his tactics wrong and had no answer to the high Atalanta press.

A thing of beauty:

spacer.png

Gasperini moped the floor with Amorim, Klopp, and Xabi, what a masterclass.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Liverpool got Macca for an absolute bargain. IIRC most of their premiums have come exclusively from swindling Chelsea, heh (Caicedo, Sanchez, Cucurella, Potter).

Couldn't hurt to ask.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Or he could absolutely flop and his value plummet. Its just hard to predict with him

I think gallagher is more likely to be worth more in the coming years personally 

Disagree. He's got that hunger and confidence and young player needs to become a top player, plus at Villa he has the right guidance and coaching. He certainly has the raw materials.

1 hour ago, Daulmakan said:

Liverpool got Macca for an absolute bargain. IIRC most of their premiums have come exclusively from swindling Chelsea, heh (Caicedo, Sanchez, Cucurella, Potter).

Couldn't hurt to ask.

That was because he had a release clause, otherwise they get premium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RicRic said:

I can confirm that Xavi Simons has been a great signing for me and a brilliant replacement for the outgoing Jamal Musiala, on a certain footballing video game 😉

For the record, Ismael Bennacer has been a rock in the Kamara role that last season too. Maybe we should look at him? 

• Like 1

Â