Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Most of them have been regular starters for a side that finished 4th so yes I expect we will find buyers. Saudi were interested in Digne last summer and Carlos has been on the radar of Milan. Cash is at his peak and I’d expect quite a few teams to have interest.

If you don’t agree then fair enough explain why but I don’t really expect much of a reasoned response from you to be honest.

Review my post history. I am mot especially prone to hysteria and overly emotional responses like some. That is the definition of a reasoned response.

And to respond I actually in general see your point and agree that I hadn't considered most of those players may be of a decent reputation currently as deeply as I should have.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Review my post history. I am mot especially prone to hysteria and overly emotional responses like some. That is the definition of a reasoned response.

And to respond I actually in general see your point and agree that I hadn't considered most of those players may be of a decent reputation currently as deeply as I should have.

I get emotional and lack reason during games, admittedly. I usually come back down to Earth outside of that and I am generally rational.

Freshening up the defence isn’t really that outlandish, most have said we’ve outgrown Cash, Digne/Moreno are getting old and will only decline in value, and Carlos just hasn’t lived up to the hype for us.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah I have just seen an article in the Birmingham Mail about that, hopefully our links via V Sports can pull some strings and secure these players if they are decent.

Villa and Celtic tussle for the next Didier Drogba

Aston Villa are reportedly chasing the signature of Ghanaian forward Aziz Musibau, who at 17-years-old is already being likened to Chelsea great Didier Drogba.

As well as strengthening for the Premier League and Champions League campaigns ahead, Villa have the opportunity to use their newfound pulling power to attract the stars of tomorrow to the West Midlands. According to the Mail Online, their first target is believed to be on the African continent - a teenager plying his trade at senior club level and three years above his age group for his country.

The striker is even said to be considered to lead the line for his nation's senior team in FIFA World Cup 2026 qualification. This would throw him into a star-studded group alongside West Ham's Mohammed Kudus, Crystal Palace's Jordan Ayew and Lyon's Ernest Nuamah.

Also reported in the article further down the page is the DM Agyei:-

Dreams FC are recognised for their production of talent, and so the big European clubs are now reportedly eyeing the progress of a number of their players.

The report states that Villa, Serie A champions Inter Milan, Scottish champions Celtic and other unnamed Premier League teams are all in for £1.2m-rated Musibau, whilst his defensive midfield team-mate Emmanuel Agyei, 19, is named as another in the Dreams set-up linked with a £750,000 transfer - this time to either Inter or Tottenham Hotspur.

I'm all for these kinds of signings, hoover up as much talent as we can, send them out on loan and any that are good enough get them in the first team or sell them for profit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

These are just examples (I thought you would have understood that), feel free to add in similar types of players you think we can sign rather than just saying X player won’t sign for us. Geertruida may end up at Liverpool with Slot, maybe we should rule him out too. But these are all hypotheticals as you well know.

And Maatsen hasn’t signed for anyone yet and is clearly available which is why I listed him. It wouldn’t be the first time someone went out on loan and ended up somewhere else. Especially as Dortmund will also likely try to sign Sancho and we have no idea if they can afford both.

How the hell you take emotional offence to my comment? I was just advising the publicly known status on him just in case you didn’t know, not dissing your ideas, just an update.

48 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Signed Kamara this time 2 yrs ago, hopefully we see a free transfer confirmed soon

Hermoso I reckon will be confirmed in next 10 days.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

How the hell you take emotional offence to my comment? I was just advising the publicly known status on him just in case you didn’t know, not dissing your ideas, just an update.

I wasn’t offended Nick, if you’re adamant he’s off to Dortmund then fine. I just saw a BBC article yesterday saying Maatsen was one of four Chelsea players up for sale and they weren’t suggesting he was anywhere close to signing for any team at this stage. So I don’t think you can categorically say he is definitely not coming here or available to us until he’s deep in negotiations with Dortmund or another club.

6 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

spacer.png

The best season in a long, long time with a promising (albeit challenging) summer on the horizon and all i've seen is fighting on here

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

The best season in a long, long time with a promising (albeit challenging) summer on the horizon and all i've seen is fighting on here

"How dare you say its the best season in a long long time... I remember the 1901-02 season very fondly and would say that is the best!"  🤣

People need to chill out, we'll all have different opinions. The club didn't give a f00k about people's opinions on the badge so they're not going to be caring about what joe blogg says on a forum about who we should or shouldn't sign. It's not that deep

Edited by _AA_786
  • Haha 1

May be a brain wave or brain fart, not sure yet but what are people's thoughts on a bid for Kaoro Mitoma from Brighton?

Was injured so hasn't had the hype recently but plays left wing, is young, quick, knows the PL and will also help shift shirts from a Business perspective

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

May be a brain wave or brain fart, not sure yet but what are people's thoughts on a bid for Kaoro Mitoma from Brighton?

Was injured so hasn't had the hype recently but plays left wing, is young, quick, knows the PL and will also help shift shirts from a Business perspective

not a daft suggestion at all

brighton usually sell one big player a window - not sure who that will be this summer

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Sounds like a good idea, if a reasonable deal could be struck. Tap into the Asian market, boost shirt sales, get a top quality player who can score goals like this:

spacer.png

Not that young, just turned 27… but that’s not old 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If he’s a shirt shifter then that is handy from a commercial point of view, provided the phrase shirt  shifter doesn’t get confused in any way………..

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:
37 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If he’s a shirt shifter then that is handy from a commercial point of view, provided the phrase shirt  shifter doesn’t get confused in any way………..

A good player too, always helps. 

15 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

After today's final, Leverkusen's players' stock dropped dramatically. What a terrible occasion to have a collective bad day. And I agree with you, Lookman was the MVP, but Ederson absolutely ruled the midfield.

Alonso got his tactics wrong and had no answer to the high Atalanta press.

Â