Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, VillanousOne said:

well he's not 18 till October so can't join before then, but very much stated it is likely

Cool, looks like a talent 👍

47 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Nope, that wasn't it. Riber sold Julián Álvarez a tad cheaper (€21,5M) than the release clause ($25€) because they agreed to leave him there for another year and pay Riber an extra €1,5M as a buyback clause.

Clubs in Argentina usually don't give a farck if the buyer club offers Champions League to the player. We're already handicapped as it is. Rather than allow a lower fee for Champions League clubs, we'll add extra charges as objectives instead.

Good ebening, Riber

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Cash just finished a long season in which he was a regular starter. He might be sold, but it feels wrong to call him deadwood. He's got a great attitude and is well liked at the club. 

Just a shame he can't find the club on a fecking map :D

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So would we be happy with Ndidi - as heavily hinted by Dan Bardell - on a free as the back up for 6? 

Think we need a new 6 rather than a back up tbh. 

• Haha 1

We’re not going to find a better 6 than Kamara and he’s not going to play on the bench when he’s back so not sure we’re going to do better than Ndidi as cover. Or is it worth spending 25/30m for a potential challenger to Kamara and do we even have the PSR room to do that? 

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We’re not going to find a better 6 than Kamara and he’s not going to play on the bench when he’s back so not sure we’re going to do better than Ndidi as cover. Or is it worth spending 25/30m for a potential challenger to Kamara and do we even have the PSR room to do that? 

Well the season will be over  by November if we don't find a 6 who can replace him.

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Well the season will be over  by November if we don't find a 6 who can replace him.

Don’t 100% agree but think people are underestimating how many games will be played before Kamara returns to fitness and even more before he really gets up to prem and CL speed with no pre season.

I really think we need, not a replacement but an alternative of at least similar quality, otherwise, yes it could really set us back. Our defensive stats without him must be lower mid table. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think we need a new 6 rather than a back up tbh. 

Not a better 6 in the world than Kamara that we could attract, we are in a situation where we need to paper the cracks until he is fit again unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, tinker said:

Just like this season was a total disaster without him?

12 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Just like this season was a total disaster without him?

We had mid table form and went out of the Conference League once he was injured. We got top 4 on our first half of the season form. 

CDN media

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Remember tariq lamptey tearing us a new one down our left during lockdown. Lightning quick. 

Wonder if he would fancy a move to a CL club ?

That was 4 years ago 😛

Cash is the better player 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Cash just finished a long season in which he was a regular starter. He might be sold, but it feels wrong to call him deadwood. He's got a great attitude and is well liked at the club. 

If Buendia is deadwood as you say, surely Mings is too? Fact is, neither are. Not yet anyway.

I heard Donk to Everton, we'll see. I wonder if any of the promoted sides have interest in Donk, Chambers, Archer, et al.

Its post for effect as usual. Would barely bother at this stage

The problem this season was that we had no number 6 coverage so everyone else had to move position compounding the issue further. 

A free like Ndidi would do 70/80 percent of Kamara’s job with no wider disruption until Kamara is back. I think it makes sense, unless we have money to spend etc and there is value in a young 6 available. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The problem this season was that we had no number 6 coverage so everyone else had to move position compounding the issue further. 

A free like Ndidi would do 70/80 percent of Kamara’s job with no wider disruption until Kamara is back. I think it makes sense, unless we have money to spend etc and there is value in a young 6 available. 

We need a player in that position but Ndidi isnt very good on the ball so wouldn't help our game

Pity Tim didnt develop but be wiser getting a younger more technical player from abroad 

we need the best quality no.6 we can get our hands on.

By get our hands on, i dont mean spunk 100m, i mean the best we can get balanced against cost etc

If we dont get a genuine, high level no.6 in the summer we would be absolutely mad, we wont see Kamara until christmas at the earliest (in terms of being fully fit), and the season can be over by then.

Even if we bought a very good no.6, they can be direct competition for Kamara, and at times i could even see them playing together, there is zero reason to not buy one, we need one.

i dont think ndidi is the answer, he cant pass for toffee.

and he's a midget, we have too many midgets.

25 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We had mid table form and went out of the Conference League once he was injured. We got top 4 on our first half of the season form. 

CDN media

Our injury crisis and the final 4 games contributing to the low 29 points from 19 games. Plus Palace was an irrelevant game.

We had 2.05 ppg in first half of season and then 1.8 ppg up until our final 4 games in 2nd half. Which is equivalent of 34 points over 19 games. 

We will hopefully have added more to our squad this season and have better luck with Injuries so we don't see the drop off. 

I agree however Kamara played 19 games and missed 19 games and our average goals conceded with him was 1.1 and without him was 2 (this included 8 goals conceded during his 4 games when suspended) 

I think he was key and is key for us defensively and we need to replace him or have a different plan for without him. 

• Like 1

Â