Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Yes but isn't he crocked for the foreseeable future? Can keep Kamara company in the treatment room I suppose.

I imagine he comes straight into the squad to replace Chambers when he's fit but he's only 18 and played just a handful of games in the Serbian league, it looks to me like a development/project signing with the next 3-5 years in mind.

I meant that a priority is to get an established quality right back in to replace Cash, who I think we would sell if we get a good offer (sadly because I do like him but I just feel we've outgrown him). 

Jeez. The Villa injury curse even affects people who haven't even played for us yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

We have enough fringe players to get rid of, and there might be the odd one who isn't going to cut it that surprises us. Their replacements will be a mix of mochi special low cost punts from Europe / Championship and the odd star player.
With CL, better commercial deals, player sales, higher prize money etc we'll have enough financial headroom.

We need:
More physical fullbacks with recovery speed, especially on the right. Which basically describes Nedeljkovic as I understand it. So a senior version of him to compete and "Cash in" on Cash. Geertruida.
A taller, more defensive left back option (Hermoso?)
Priority #1 is a defensive midfielder to start and compete with and partner Kamara on his return: Rabiot
Our wingers are fried. They need to be kept fresher to be more explosive. Therefore, at least one more player on the right to cover Bailey / Diaby as well as more central Alex BaenaJonathan Rowe. Another guy on the left wouldn't hurt either. Grealish (loan)

I haven't covered centre half and striker because I've gone a bit mad.

Yeah definitely not interested in any of those guys beyond hermoso and Geertruida.

Rabiot is 29, on a stupid salary and isn't a defensive midfielder. Would rather fofana in the same role as well. Someone in here mentioned Wieffer who seems like the perfect answer to our needs as someone who can be the lone DM or even play next to Kamara. He's also 6'2 and good in the air. If we could sign both Fofana and Wieffer we'd be absolutely set for next season. 

Rowe doesn't beat his man often enough nor does he create for others at all. Complete pass. Summerville is a much more interesting prospect from the championship. Baena whilst a good playmaker again doesn't really beat his man in tight spaces. Think he's very redundant with Youri and probably redundant with Buendia. Obviously his height is an advantage though.

With Ramsey and Buendia coming back and at least 1 hopefully 2 central midfielders coming in we don't NEED any attacking support and we can't support 2 players coming in either imo. Leaving us with McGinn, Tielemans, Buendia, Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey and Diaby for 3 positions. Plus the possibility of Archer staying and emery potentially trying some more 2 up top lineups. So if we do sign an attacking player can't see it being more than 1. We've been linked to Nico Williams in the past too - I'd rather him than baena if that is possible. Otherwise rayan cherki I believe is an expiring contract and he very much fits our needs for a player who can dribble in tight spaces and pick passes. Needs to work on his finishing but so does baena. 

I've been thinking, considering they need to sell homegrown for FFP this summer, and IF he can prove his fitness (and some players just need a change of club for such fortunes to change), would a cheeky move for Reece James be worth a punt?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I've been thinking, considering they need to sell homegrown for FFP this summer, and IF he can prove his fitness (and some players just need a change of club for such fortunes to change), would a cheeky move for Reece James be worth a punt?

Massive risk with his history of injuries both in terms of the damaged he’s done to his body but also some players just always get injuries.  Absolutely quality player but never fit, I’m not sure the risk is worthwhile.

Just now, nick76 said:

Massive risk with his history of injuries both in terms of the damaged he’s done to his body but also some players just always get injuries.  Absolutely quality player but never fit, I’m not sure the risk is worthwhile.

I get that but I think the way we play would lower the stress on his body, he'll see he the Don has transformed players and not having that extra demand to be the senior player dealing with such young players will probably help him mentally as much as physically. Alot of recurring injuries happen. As much due to not being mentally ready which can affect you physically.

I also think a change of environment would help. Of course he's have prove his fitness, knowing he'd get about 50% games tops which means he can be monitored.

If it worked out we'd have a world class (when fit) right back.

Chelsea would never sell Reece James, he's near enough their best player, Chelsea fans would revolte if he was sold

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Chelsea would never sell Reece James, he's near enough their best player, Chelsea fans would revolte if he was sold

Duran was our best player for 20 mins yesterday. And about 10 minutes vs Palace (h).

Reece James is Chelsea's best player for about 30 minutes a season too. 😉

10 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I get that but I think the way we play would lower the stress on his body, he'll see he the Don has transformed players and not having that extra demand to be the senior player dealing with such young players will probably help him mentally as much as physically. Alot of recurring injuries happen. As much due to not being mentally ready which can affect you physically.

I also think a change of environment would help. Of course he's have prove his fitness, knowing he'd get about 50% games tops which means he can be monitored.

If it worked out we'd have a world class (when fit) right back.

Speaks for itself … 

IMG_0005.jpeg

"So and so wants to join and Champions League team"

Yeah.. thats us now bitches! 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Speaks for itself … 

IMG_0005.jpeg

Unrelated to transfers but that screenshot is exactly why this years badge is shit, I spent 30 seconds trying to work out who was injured for 29 games this season before I realised it was Chelsea 

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

I wonder how many verbal agreements we have with players based on us reaching the CL. Bet it’s a fair few. That’s not to say the clubs will accept bids or anything will materialise but you can guarantee a fair few players and agents were waiting on our final league position. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder how many verbal agreements we have with players based on us reaching the CL. Bet it’s a fair few. That’s not to say the clubs will accept bids or anything will materialise but you can guarantee a fair few players and agents were waiting on our final league position. 

Oh I guarantee that’s the case! Hermoso being the first. 
It’s all system GO now brother! Never been so excited for a transfer window….buzzing!! 

• Like 1

Â