Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Some not so reputable outlets linking us to iheanacho 

Don't think it would be a terrible option for us. I'm sure Emery could improve his game a lot. We're not going to go and get anyone better than Watkins and there's other areas of the squad that need that money. 

Iheanacho didn't do much in the Championship this season. Played more than half as many minutes as Vardy, but only got about 30% as many goals. I really liked him 2-3 seasons ago but I feel like he always flatters to deceive (unless he's playing us, obviously!). 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

If we were to lose Duran, how would people feel about Elijah Adebayo? Has impressed me when I've watched Luton - he's way better than the rest of the team, and Edwards should have played him more at the start of the season - and has a better goals-per-minute ratio than anyone in the league except Haaland and Jota. 

Probably a stupid idea, but I enjoy watching him anyway!

I’d rather not lose Duran, but Adebayo is a very good left field shout imo. has been pretty impressive 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I’d rather not lose Duran, but Adebayo is a very good left field shout imo. has been pretty impressive 

My question is less about whether he can do it on a cold Thursday night in Stoke and more about whether he can do it on a balmy Wednesday night in Madrid.  He's looked a handful though and would probably enjoy getting better service. 

I think we're probably a bit more likely to see someone more like Williams - who can play across the front line but is probably more capable of playing the central role than Bailey or Diaby if Ollie is out.  Although Ollie has been a standout performer this season - I am also seriously impressed by how many players have broken through the 10 goal contributions this season.  Goals throughout the team is key. 

I also have a sense that Rogers might follow a similar path to Ollie.  I can see us playing him on either the left or as a 10 for the next few seasons but that ultimately he might take over Ollie's position as a "modern" CF who can do more than just score goals.  He's certainly got the physical attributes for it.

5 minutes ago, Adman said:

Get the striker guy from Olympiacos 👍

He will be 31 when his Olympiacos contract expires in June.

Looking at his career he seems to be one of those late bloomers

Probably gettable for 5-10m but he could be just a flash in the pan

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Some not so reputable outlets linking us to iheanacho 

Only one I can see linking us is Football Insider 

21 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Would be an alright pickup on a free. Played under Emery before and we could do with a right-footed forward.

He will just be another left winger converted into a striker.

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Would be an alright pickup on a free. Played under Emery before and we could do with a right-footed forward.

Mbappe at the kit launch. Here we go. 

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Coutinho, Hause, Dendonker maybe Chambers are not. 

The latter three are easy, two will be paid to leave, someone will pick up donk for 5-8m.

Coutinho will probably be another loan 

the harder ones are Carlos, Digne and cash as someone has to want them for significant fees. I think people will want them but it isn’t guaranteed 

Tosin an agent link or someone we're genuinely in for? Think he can play RB so guessing the thinking there is probably move on Carlos and then have him and Konsa alternating those positions with all the games in first half of the season.

Would make sense with a younger attacking LB coming in.

Â